Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Toyota Tundra Dually Diesel CrewMax

It may just be in the works...this concept vehicle is pretty cool.
The big three should be paying attention...

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
bjlks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4218
Nice looking truck..
bjlks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
That could make me switch to a dually. The short bed dually is a selling point.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Now, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:51 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
It was just a matter of time. I would bet that Nissan will be coming out with their version pretty soon as well.
Good lookin' rig and someday down the road I just might have to consider a new TOYota.
Two things I don't care for is that manual tranny and the 22 inch tires but who knows what will happen by the time I am ready to buy one.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:19 AM   #6
dscott
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6661
Nice looking Puller,I'am still old school,the big three, better pay close attention!!!
dscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:39 AM   #7
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Is this truck going to be made in the USA or Canada, or shipped over from Japan? I am going to stay loyal to our products and things made in the USA and Canada as profits from the big three stay in our own countries.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:39 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hummm..That would spell trouble for the big three.It was only a matter of time till they got into the big truck market... Will the Rv market be next??
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:29 AM   #9
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by old turbo

Is this truck going to be made in the USA or Canada, or shipped over from Japan? I am going to stay loyal to our products and things made in the USA and Canada as profits from the big three stay in our own countries.
Unfortunatley there are not many like us. Even if the truck was made in NA I wouldn't buy it. Yes, we'd help a few along the way that are employed by the foreign companies here, but we'd help those and a lot more by buying from our own companies. One of the things that has driven our NA companies to start producing in China and other places is because the NA consumer demands the cheapest product bar none. We seem not to want to spend an extra dollar to support our own. In the end we reap what we sow.
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:49 AM   #10
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
I'll go with American products also,pretty soon there won't be enough good paying jobs left to buy good rv's and tv.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:01 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
here you are http://www.usstuff.com/
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:21 AM   #12
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
I am hoping that they make a long bed version. As to buying American, by the time this truck is on the market any one of the "big 3" American companies could be owned by Toyota.

When Chrysler was owned by Mercedes Benz was Dodge still an "American" truck?

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:55 AM   #13
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Grant I'm just smiling here as I was thinking it but I wasn't going to ask. I'm thinking you just open up a new can of ....
now everyone just jump in -))) (good jesting always allowed)
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #14
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
The Toyota diesel was / is a concept (one-of-a-kind) vehicle produced by Toyota America (California if I'm not mistaken). The article states that some of the things on the dash (heating/cooling knobs is what I caught) were only for show -- the dash is only about 2 inches deep there before you hit the firewall and engine. A lot more engineering and development will have to go into that before it hits the commercial market. Now, that said, a lot of things at SEMA eventually make it into our production vehicles --- Big 3 -- I sure hope you were awake this year.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:33 AM   #15
abonzer
Established Member

M.O.C. #7370
The end result of Toyota entering the big truck market is better trucks to tow with. Hopefully the Big 3 won't sit back and let their market share go away as they did with cars. I think this is good for all of us. Competition always brings out the best of our capabilities. Will I buy one, nope, USA for me, but I'm bettin that our future trucks will only get better.
abonzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #16
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We will buy an American made vehicle. I know Dodge was owned by Germans at one time but would still rather buy from them than Japan. Better quality, in my opinon.
Even if Toyota were made in USA they are still owned by Japan and they are getting our money when they sell one. They are putting our American made vehicles out of business. And the people that work building American made vehicles.
We try to buy everything made in USA. Thanks Rich for that link of things made in USA. I saved it and will use that link.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #17
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I think all we can hope for from the US automakers is to learn what happened last time when they sat on their behinds and got beat out of their own auto market. Money is going to find it's way to those that cater to the market, not dictate it.
If Toyota builds a better truck, there will be a waiting list for it.
I've heard the existing Tundra is having it's share of problems.
Toyota is now having difficulties maintaining the high ratings it got from other vehicles they are selling.

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 PM   #18
TheRanch
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6226
It,s still a TOYota!!!!
TheRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #19
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lwcdg

Grant I'm just smiling here as I was thinking it but I wasn't going to ask. I'm thinking you just open up a new can of ....
now everyone just jump in -))) (good jesting always allowed)
Chuck
Since Ford owns Volvo and Jaguar, are they American cars? Are cars made by GM, Ford or Chrysler in Canada, American cars?

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #20
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Come on Guys, lets get real on this Made in USA. In most all cases very few of the parts and accessories in any of our GMs, Fords, or Chryslers was made in the USA or CA. Most everything from the chrome plating to the satellite AM/FM, DVD, CD, sound system was made outside of the USA or CA. From the tires and wheels to the upholstery is often imported. Quite possibly 90% of everyone of our GMs, Fords, and Chryslers is imported in some way shape or form. Even the DURAMAX is built by Isuzu. Does that make GMC Sierra's and Chevy Silverado's Japanese? Few items rarely even say "Made In USA or CA" but rather "Assembled in USA or CA".

NOW don't be jumping down my throat as I am as American as anyone of you out there. I served 5 Years in the US Army and I am very proud of that but face facts it is nearly impossible to buy anything "Made in USA".
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote