Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
ChappyX6
Established Member

M.O.C. #7463
About us

Well lets see here..we are a family of 6...3 kids are ours natuarally and the 4th we are adopting, we are 10.5 and 14 year peace officers ... and just given a fantastic gift from my Mother in law... a 2002 Montana 3295RK. Our use of this would be more for local destinations and maybe the occasional trip to Disneyland for the kids. So we are here to learn about the Montana and Towing etc...What Ive learned so far is that we really really should look into a bigger truck (F250 gasser 460). Ours is more than likely way out of its towing range.

ChappyX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Welcome to the Forum!!

What a nice present from your Mother-in-Law! Tell her you need the truck too and buy her a nice new Honda Accord or something. Actually I have no idea what the tow rating is on those ol long stroke gasser 460s was, but the 3/4 ton in itself is probably too light.

We have one adopted. I keep asking the DW if we got a Warranty on him, as he is quite the rascal!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Welcome aboard and that is really a nice gift. This is a great place to learn about your Montana. As for your tow vehicle my opinion is you will be ok for those short trips you plan to use it on. I have owned several of those 460 3/4 ton trucks and they have the power. You can expect about 6 to 8 miles per gallon pulling your unit. Hope you have many happy times in it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Welcome to the MOC family ! Wow ! What a great mother in law you have ! This is definately the place to be for information. I don't think that there is any question that is unansweralbe. Safe travels to your family.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Welcome to the MOC forum. That is a great gift. I was a police officer for 30 years before starting my own business. There are several others also on the forum, both retired and active. We have a 250 also and, until we can get a diesel or a V-10, this is handling the towing fine. We are not ready to take on the Rockies yet but it has gotten us through the Appalachians and Ozarks. We just are not in a hurry to be the first one to the top. Ask your questions and there are many on this forum with the answers and willing to share.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Welcome to the forum, ask any question and 99.9% of the time someone on this great forum will have an answer for you. PS (I hope my mother-in-law sees this!!!!!!!)
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #7
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Sam & your family.

I guess we won't get any bad "Mother-In-Law" jokes from you LOL

You are in a very noble profession. I retired with 35 years with the Spokane County Sheriff's Office two years ago. Maybe we can swop "war stories" someday over a cool one.

Anyway, welcome to MOC. Learn a lot; meet new friends and have FUN.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
ChappyX6
Established Member

M.O.C. #7463
Hey thanks everyone! I'm already learning alot just reading the forums. This is a great website. Jim and Don a cold one on me anytime!
ChappyX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the learning place about Montana RVs. Congratulations!!
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote