Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2007, 10:40 AM   #21
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
IMHO, some good folks get 'offended' because they asked a question and don't agree with, or don't like the answer. Goes back to the old adage, "If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question."

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #22
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #23
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
stiles made a good statement as he always does. Like Glenn , "telling it like it is" is always the way to go...as long as the person is "sure" thats the way it is! lol, I dont go by the old saying, "tell it like it is" but I believe in telling the truth about anything, without being misleading, and be "up front" with anyone, But I will say I would want a person to let me know what he thinks on any subject (notice I typed "thinks") and not just agree with me for fear of making me upset. I do the same also. I really do enjoy this forum alot and EVERYONE on it. I like to tease and kid around some , more then I should, I guess. I'll do that around the campfire to and I can always take it to. People on here have disagreements, and arguments, doesnt mean we dont care for each other. If disagreements were a sign of splitting off , then Nancy wouldnt have stood me for , uhmmmm lets see now,, aww yea 46 yrs 28th this month!! cant forget that! would be a divorced!! lol , and oh yea,, I think I may have thin skin, Nancy pinched me other day, and bygolly it HURT!!hehe
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #24
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I did not ask a question about the carri lite. Or the truck we now have. I was just stating the fact that we may be leaving the MOC, if next year we get a carri lite.
I would like to think people realize we have enough intelligence to know what can be towed with what. And there was NO need for the "weight police" in this thread. And I do not want to hear any more about the truth hurts. I never ask for advice. Me and my husband had already planned to get a bigger truck next year! So the weight police can lay off of a thread that didn't ask their opinion.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #25
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
A little information for you folks that did not make the Branson rally, about sweet Dusty and her nice hubby Don.
Every morning early, and I mean early, Dusty and Don, would bring 3 or 4 dozen different types of rolls, a coffee pot and coffee to the shelter house, at their own expense I might add. Every morning.
It was their idea, to be nice. They were embarrassed when we passed the hat, they did not expect that, and did the nice things because they are sweet and thoughtful. It would be a shame for our Forum to lose them, but I wish you two the very best, if a SOB makes your travels better and more comfy, I wish you well.
I know I will always have a special feeling for you two. Good luck in your choices, and I know you have the knowledge to make the right ones.
I must add that Ken was there with his coffee pot as well, thanks, Ken.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #26
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Dusty, we thanked you in Branson and wish to remind you, again, that we appreciated all that you did. We wish you two the best.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #27
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thanks Ozz and Boylanag.
We did this because we wanted to do it.

We will always hold the MOC close to our hearts. We have not made a decision yet and have a few months to think about it. Even if we do go with a SOB we will not forget the MOC. There have been some good times on the forum and some sad times on the forum.

Right now Keystone does not have a floor plan that fits us. We have did lots of research and still doing research. We did research for a year before we bought the Montana. So we are very precise.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Just wanted to comment that although it's tough for me to do and I'm not very good at it, I did learn long ago that...

sometimes the best response is no response.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #29
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
"Telling it like it is" is great for the teller, but not always the person being told. Discretion is the greater part of valor. I wouldn't walk up to every obese person on the sidewalk and tell them "You're fat." Boundaries are a wonderful thing. There's a book that I read that compares the tongue to a two edged sword. Seems like we'd want to handle such a weapon with care.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #30
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
As a former pastor, I've learned a lot about being offended. I know some people who if you just happen to look at them, they are offended. They think you are thinking badly about them. Far from the truth. There was a man who walked this earth many years ago who, if he wanted to, could have been offended. But all he said was "they know not what they are doing."

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #31
ashlandcpa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6686
"Telling it like it is" doesn't necessarily mean telling the truth. It only means, telling it as one person sees it or wants others to see it. Sometimes "telling it like it is", is no different from, "trust me". Consider the quality of the person saying the words, not the quality the words are claiming. Stiles, from what I've seen personally, you are quality.
ashlandcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #32
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
When my daughters were growing up I told them to ask questions. That's a way of learning. They would come home from school and tell me they got "in trouble" for asking so many questions.
I didn't know what they were talking about until the other day.
I realized at that time a couple of things. Asking questions is not a good idea and that I am easily offended. Looking offended up because of the way I felt --- it also means insult. I felt not so much offended as insulted.
I will most definetely watch my words from now on. Re-read what I write. It's been an embarrassing lesson but I have learned something.
If I happen to offend you, please let me know privately. Not on a public forum.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #33
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

When my daughters were growing up I told them to ask questions. That's a way of learning. They would come home from school and tell me they got "in trouble" for asking so many questions.
I didn't know what they were talking about until the other day.
I realized at that time a couple of things. Asking questions is not a good idea and that I am easily offended. Looking offended up because of the way I felt --- it also means insult. I felt not so much offended as insulted.
I will most definetely watch my words from now on. Re-read what I write. It's been an embarrassing lesson but I have learned something.
If I happen to offend you, please let me know privately. Not on a public forum.

Carol
Carol, I've never felt offended by anything you've said.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #34
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Getting offended is our own short coming, nothing else. You may meet someone on the street you know, you smile,say hello, and he looks right through you. You are offended. Later you find this person has just lost his wife, he did not even see you, meant you no disrespect but with no intention of doing so, he "offended" you.
On a smaller scale, this type of thing happens all the time on these forums. A person I like is referred to as a "weight policeman" I am offended...........for about 5 seconds. I have learned to suck it up and grow up. We all should.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote