Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2003, 11:35 AM   #1
Montana_108
Montana Master

M.O.C. #108
Direct Satellite TV

I just finished installing Direct TV in the trailer. Got tired of the standard answer that "we only install in homes", so I went to circuit city, bought a atellite receiver and dish, (with a full rebate), installed them myself in the Montana, and then called Direct TV and activated it, using my daughter's address in Virginia as the installation location. Activated and working great. The satellite pre-wiring in the Montana worked fine. There were two extra coax cables laying in the cabinet, I always figured one was for satellite, but could never figure out what the second one could be for. Put a splitter on the satellite receiver, hooked up both cables and bingo, got satellite reception on both the front and rear televisions. Thank you gift to the wife for selling/closing the house all by herself.

Mike and Lorraine
Stafford, Virginia
2003 Montana 3655FL/F350 Diesel, fulltiming, Colorado Springs thru DEC

Montana_108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:19 AM   #2
Mels Musty Music
Established Member

M.O.C. #1044
I see that this is somewhat of an old topic but am in the process of setting up satellite reception in our Montana. Appreciate all the info and had one question for n/a. Where can I find the stainless Steel Mounting Pole for the dish that clamps onto the ladder that you referred to in your post on 10/02/03? Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.
Whoops - just noticed n/a is deleted so does anybody else know of a source?
Thanks.
Mels Musty Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:53 AM   #3
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
We have Dish Network. & use the tripod. Have used it from mid to Western Ky. to Tx. & theonly time I could'nt getou was near Momouth Cave area of Ky. Too many trees. I got a signal finder from Camping World. I'm sure you can find the clamps you need there also.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote