Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
beancounter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6893
Greetings from The Carolinas!

Sorry this introduction is a little long-winded.

We are so new the factory still has our Mountaineer 342PHT! My wife and I had been looking at fifth-wheels for about a year and when we finally stumbled upon the 342 we knew that was the one. We were very impressed with the build quality and the reputation that the Montana line has. So, hopefully within the next few weeks we'll be able to legitimately call ourselves "owners".

Yes. A bunkhouse. You have already determined that we have children. Three of them to be precise - all boys - all active. They keep us busy and on our toes. Getting away and going camping is our down time and family time all rolled into one. We think it is indispensible to our mental health!

We live in the Carolinas. Our primary residence is in North Carolina and we have a small place at the beach in South Carolina. We do most of our camping near home due to busy schedules. But, if I consider all of the states I have camped in during my life, I'm pretty sure I have covered all of them except Hawaii and Alaska.

Let's see... Oh, yes! Tow vehicle. That is the other thing everybody seems to want to know. We have an '05 F350/PSD/CC/LWB/DRW/2WD with Tow Command and Camper Package. Rated 16,100# FW, 15,000# TT, 23,000# GCVWR, 13,000# GVRW. Did I miss anything?

Anyway, this appears to be a great place in cyberspace and we are looking forward to participating.

beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Howdy and Welcome to the MOC! Let us know when your new Mountaineer arrives, we are looking forward to hearing all about it.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
"BEST DARN FORUM" on the WWW. Great to have you onboard and if you have any questions, these folks are sure to have an answer. I am still new to the RV thing and learning everyday.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Bean,
Welcome to the MOC. Many of us joined before delivery of our Montanas so you will find this the right place to be! There is great information shared here, so just jump right in with any questions you may have. We love the Carolinas. Spent some time on the outer banks last fall on our way back north. Congratulations on your new Mountaineer and may you enjoy many safe and happy miles in you new wheel estate. Now go out and create all those wonderful family memories. Be sure to share your adventures with all of us here on the forum.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Welcome to the MOC. Glad to have you aboard. As you will see from my signature, we're gonna be's too. It sounds like you have done your home work well and I (for one) applaud your choices. You should be good to go for many years to come. My DW and I wish that we had had the rescources to RV when our 5 boys were growing up, but with that many it took all we had to keep them shoes and soup. They had to make do with a tent and some hard ground.
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Welcome always nice to have new members ...You have nice camping in the Carolinas! Now it will be even better with your new Mountaineer 342PHT! Happy Camping!

Kathy and Bob
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:44 AM   #7
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Welcome to MOC and congratulations on your new Mountaineer. We just bought ours last month so haven't had a chance to try it our yet. Too cold here in Missouri. My wife is originally from North Carolina so that's a destination we're looking forward to taking our rig. We've made many trips over the years to visit relatives but never had a camper to take with us before. She's from Dunn a little SE of Raliegh (s?). I love all of NC but have to say my favorite is the Smokey Mountain area.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:59 AM   #8
beancounter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6893
If you head down this way let me know. In addition to providing some local insight, it would be nice to meet other MOC members.

beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 AM   #9
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Welcome to the MOC. You can get answers to all of your questions here from some great people. We are in our 2nd Montana so we know that you will be happy with your Mountaineer.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:37 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome, and congratulations on the new Mountaineer. The bunkhouse model sounds like just the thing for a family with 3 active boys. Enjoy!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #11
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Welcome to the MOC. Congrats on your new Mountaineer.

You have joined the BEST forum on the internet. There are years and years of experience out there in MOC Land just waiting to help you out if you have any questions.

Learn a lot and have FUN.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:28 AM   #12
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Hello glad to have you around. Looks like you are nearly ready to start camping. I'll warn you about the first time you pull your new Mountaineer, the smile on your face will be contagious!SeeYa
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #13
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Welcome Bean
Another pair from North Carolina here. We are also waiting for our 5ver to come in from the factory.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #14
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
Welcome

We spent two years in the Fayetteville area (Pope AFB) in 82 to 84. Enjoyed the golfing and the area. This past year we had a chance to visit Asheville and the Biltmore estate. Thoroughly enjoyed hiking around the grounds. Enjoy the rig with the kids. Even today ours still talk of all the trips we took them on even though they sure wouldn't let us know that at the time LOL.

msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
Congratulations on your new 342PHT! We love ours and even better so do our three kids! Just make sure you, not the kids, shut/secure the bunkhouse door before trying to close the slide. I am sure you can imagine why I'm suggesting this. Enjoy!

Marisol
marisolwithsol is offline   Reply With Quote