Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2006, 03:23 AM   #1
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Mail Service

have been using Americas mailbox in Rapid city SD for about 6 months now and have had grate service from them, the people in the office seem to really care about what they are doing. Now my Vehicle renew bills came in. they called me to let me know and ask what we wanted them to do. We were going to go up and do it for the road trip but the weather now it is out of the question. so Lee called them and asked what the options were they told her that they process a re new was only $10 per vehicle and they would process them for us but If we call the county courthouse it would be cheeper to have then send them to us. So she called and the court house, they charge a fee to mail them and it was cheeper. I was amaizes Americas Mailbox would refer us to a cheeper way and lose the business for themself. and for those that dont know SD is puting out new plates this year and they are $4 more. No new plate for trailers.

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I just talked with some folks yesterday who use the same service as you do, they had nothing but great things to say. Now if I could just get the lotto to work with me I would be able to join and hit the road. One can always dream I guess. I wonder what the new plates are going to look like? I still have my old South Dakota plates from when I lived in Rapid City, have not really liked the current plates. The look very close to Idaho's.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:38 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Well,Dave,

If you can't win the lotto, then you will just have to age like the rest of us. After 65, you get discounts. Over here in Hong Kong, I get to ride the ferry free and get half price on the buses and the mass transit rails. You also get arthritis, failing vision, hearing problems, but it is ok because you can't remember that you got problems. Be patient. All this will come to you in time.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Great post, Stiles. We do get some great discounts for being mature but there's a lot of garbage that comes with it. Everyday is a gift.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:04 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Stiles,
Sounds like I have some great things to look forward to, half price bus fares, discounts at resturants, plus a few more medical problems than I already have?? I will tell ya what, I look into going down to spring training in Phoenix area next month and tried to reserve a "nice" campground for the two weeks I was going to be there. I was not allowed to make 1 reservation out of the 5 campgrounds I called and you know what their excuse/reason was?? My age! HA! I could not believe it I got told I was to young to be in their park, I asked what the reason was and their response. "We dont want a bunch of party kids and old trailers in our parks." I said it was going to be just me and even told them what rv I had, I figure if I can afford to play I should be allowed to stay. So I guess I will not be camping in the Az. area until I have matured a tad more. =) I must admit while I get up to go to the office every day, I read all the great things you folks get to get up and do out there on the road. Makes me jealous I am not out there as well. All in due time I guess.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote