Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2005, 01:21 AM   #41
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
US Cellular must be the company for western Iowa or maybe the entire state, Fordzilla. When we visit family in New Hampton, our Verizon and Cingular phones had very poor connections.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:29 AM   #42
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
They do have Iowa covered pretty well. Verizon has been trying to match anything US Cellular puts up though. I know of two towers that were put up by US Cellular one year and the very next year Verizon put some up within a mile of the US Cellular ones. It's great to have competition. Keeps the prices in check.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #43
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Cost is something I forgot to mention about ours. 450 minutes, 5000 nights/weekends, free mobile-to-mobile (between cingular phones), no roaming charges, no long distance charges, Cingular Nation 450. We pay $39.95/month. Ours is still a Topeka, KS, number. If we changed to Kansas City, for instance, the price is ten dollars higher so we stay with Topeka.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 05:21 AM   #44
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
I guess I'll add my two cents on cell phones. We have Cingular National Family Plan with 850 min. National is NO roaming, NO long distance.
My wife and I both have phones, hers and older Nokia 6340i and mine is a newer Motorola
V551, our married daughter uses my old 6340i. We have traveled to the west coast and had pretty good reception in most areas but as with any service there will be dead zones. Our worst reception in right here at home (just outside Waco, Tx.), there seems to be a dead zone in just a small area surronding our location. Also at Lake Whitney just to our north has a dead zone because of the ownership of the cell service in that area, but a plug-in antenna stuck to the metal posts of the shelter gives me a good signal, ( if only we had of been smart enough to buy cell areas back when, wow). I am still trying to figure out how to use one of the phones to connect to the internet. My phone is Blue tooth equiped and our laptop is Bluetooth compatable also, can't seem to be able to find a sales or tech person who can tell me how this works. They are quick with answers for computers running on microsoft operating systems but we are Mac lovers still and there just doesn't seen to be any help for us. I just wait until I get to a place where I can plug in to do what I need to do. If anyone has a solution for this situation, please respond. Thanks
One thing to check on a regular basis, get your phone updated. My phone is only one year old and it needed two items updated, my wife's needed six, these are update so your phone will recognize the new tower's etc., this is important since AT&T merged with Cingular because now you have all the old AT&T towers to connect through as well as all Cingular's
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:20 AM   #45
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dennis and Carol

After trying for several hours, I called Verizon and was informed that they no longer offer "Quick2net" and it was being blocked. After reading the many posts regarding it, I feel someone was "blowing smoke". The information I had before was the phone number was #777, User qnc and passwork qnc. What might I be doing wrong? I did not use it a lot, but was really helpful when I needed it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
It's interesting that you were told that "Quick2net" was being blocked. I used it last night with no problem. You have the right number, user ID and password.

Not knowing exactly how you are set up, I am not able to help you. If you will call Verizon again and get to speak to their Tech Support Mobile Office staff (I think it's called Data something, I'm not sure. But anyway, if you explain the problem you're having getting your phone to work as a modem, they'll walk you through it.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #46
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I know on Alltel, we need to type to upgrade to the new towers. They recommend once a month at least.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote