Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2005, 09:05 AM   #1
Montana_4057

M.O.C. #4057
Switch by Microwave?

Hi Everyone.

We are in the process of purchasing a 2006 3670RL. It hasn't yet arrived from the factory so we are very anxious. Can someone tell me what the switch on the wall (next to the microwave) is for. Obviously we haven't had our walk-thru yet, so I thought I'd find out ahead of time.

Thanks.

Montana_4057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Hi there! Welcome to the MOC. If you have a fireplace in your Montana, the switch enables the use of either the microwave OR the fireplace. If you try to use both at the same time, you will trip the breakers. This is an annoyance to some, but it is, unfortunately, a necessity.

Enjoy your Montana when you get it, and make sure you get a PDI form (I think that's right) to take with you on your walk-thru. (I believe there is at least one thread refering to this form, so you should be able to locate it with the search feature.) From everything I've read here, it will save you a lot of time and headache by catching and fixing and/or arranging for repair of any problems you might discover while you're still at the dealer.

Also, don't be afraid to ask any and all questions you may have ... you'll soon discover, if you haven't already, that this is a treasure trove of information.

Have Fun!!!

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Congratulations on your new 3670. We have that model also and just love it. Vickir explained everything very well--that is exactly what it's for. Enjoy you new rig and have fun
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
What Vicki says about the switch is correct, it lets you alternate between the fireplace and the microwave to prevent over loading the electrical system in your trailer. Just to let you know that this is not the only switch that turns on the fireplace, there is another one behind the flip down panel at the top of the fireplace. The fireplace is a great supplement to the heating system unless the weather is really cold.

Forget to include the link to the PDI list, it is in Adobe Format. If you have a problem opening this link let me know and I can send you another link.

http://www.klenger.net/arctic-fox/PDI_V113_2.pdf
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:56 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Our unit has the same switch but now it only operates the fireplace. I disconnected the microwave wires so the microwave clock works all the time even when the fireplace is on.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote