Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2005, 10:40 AM   #1
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Carpet Storage

I have read in others that were storing there outside carpet in a tube under the rig. well I have a carpet and it is as small as I can make it, and it is about 9" so where can I get a tube or pipe that big? I can only find 4"

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
You can get it at a Plumbing supply house.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Got ours at a local (not chain like Lowe's) builders' supply company. Now I just have to finish building it.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:26 PM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I bought a length of 6" PVC pipe at a local Lowes. One end is enclosed with a 6" PVC end cap secured with a couple of screws and the other 6" PVC end cap is removeable secured with a T Pin while traveling. I had a couple of 2" wide pieces of aluminum rolled to fit the tube and fasioned a piece of aluminum to fit between the strap ends and space it all down about 1.5" from the frame. One key point is to use a length of 1/2" metal electrical conduit to start your roll and keep it tight while rolling it up ... otherwise you'll be hard pressed to fit a 6' by 15' carpet in the tube. The whole assy is bolted to the frame a few inches behind the front jack legs. I have pictures, but am challenged to get them to post here. This system works well to eliminate soiled rugs crammed down the middle of your hallway inside the camper or across the storage space below the bedroom. I have also seen a few fivers with multiple tubes for other items like fishing poles and tiki lamps.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:05 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We have two 6" tubes mounted as dieselguy described, one for the sewer hose and the other for fishing poles, etc. Glen bought them at a plumbing supply, I think. They work great. We do store our "carpet" (they're actually plastic beach mats) in the basement as they are lightweight and easy to roll up and wash off.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 03:51 AM   #6
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Bob& Lee How big is your carpet ?x?. I have two 4" tube under the rear of the trailer and would like one or two more near the front possible for carpet and outdoor tent. Thanks
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote