Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
New Service from the UNITED STATES POST OFFICE

I accidentally deleted this and glenn said the cutest thing I hope he will come back and post it again.

Last Monday the USPS started a new service, they will forward your mail to a temporary address--- from two weeks up to one full year. It will only cost $10.00 a week. Just fill out an application and return it with the $10 enrollment fee and $10 for each week..They say it is that easy. The service is called (PFS) Premium Forwarding Service. All I can say is WOW!!

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the post. However this new service is not cheap.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:59 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Gotta agree with Walter & Lucie on that. In my book, pocket book that is, $10.00 is a bit expensive for a few pieces of mail.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:31 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
How's that compare to SD's service ~ both pricewise and features?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #5
Montana_139
Montana Master

M.O.C. #139
Dave,

Our service in SD costs $150 per year and $1.50 plus postage for each mailing. The USPS looks like it costs $530 per year and it is not a permanent address change. My home address in SD is permanent and also helps with voter registration, drivers license and plates. For other services look at www.myhomeaddressinc.com.

Glenn
Montana_139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:12 AM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
So, fulltiming friends, do you find that it is worth it to have the mail forwarded once a week?? Could you go to once a month?? Too much mail once a month?? If you have gone to electronic bill paying and such, do you find a need for the snail mail to be forwarded frequently?? They don't forward the junk mail do they??
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:40 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We prefer weekly for ours. We also like to know it will be here usually on Wednesday, occasionally Thursday, so we can plan for our getaway week mail. We have it shipped out on Mondays. To ensure we get it that quickly we have ours sent Priority Mail. That's $3.85 per shipment but sometimes more if we have an unusual of mail or books or something included. The service for weekly shipments by Alternative Resources costs us $228.79 per year, or $4.40 per week. So, most weeks it costs us a total of $4.40 + 3.85 = $8.25. For a year that works out to $429.

Carol, there are some things I want more frequently than once per month. Otherwise monthly would be fine. This probably comes down to what works for each individual.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I'd probably go with once a week as I would worry about silly things like jury duty, notices of changes to my financial accounts that don't come online (some do, some don't), birthday cards with $$ in them (our family is still into them), our local weekly newspaper here in N. Mich that the wife likes (what's DW stand for, anyway?), JC Penneys catalog & flyers! (almost forgot that!), all checks sent by insurance companies, preapproved credit card offers from companies I have never heard of before at 25% interest plus annual fees... Opps! Sorry got carried away.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote