Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2005, 06:54 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Just Bought Honda EU2000i Generator Question

I bought the Honda EU20001 because I have no way to have shore power in my storage area. This way I can work on rig and have 120v power for all but A/C. I suppose many of you have this unit. I have heard good things about it and its low noise level.
I anticipate this should handle everything in my trailer except the A/C. Is that sound about right?

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
tundra rose
Established Member

M.O.C. #1359
You are correct - it definitely is too small for the A/C and may be questionable for the microwave. They are very quiet. We have the EU1000i from our past travel trailer. It will not carry the 12vdc converter at its initial charge rate. (Need to plug into the pickup and operate the generator in parallel for a few minutes and then the generator will carry the load.) Your unit is on our long term shopping list.
tundra rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Bob & Carol

So tell me how you like the honda so far?Where do you store it?is it really that quite?Will it fit in the front storage area of the Montana.I`am really itching to get a generator.Would like the ability to run the AC.But I could live without that I guess.Still up in the air on that decision.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:47 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
RMccord.
Sounds about right. We do run our microwave on it but it really has to run hard to make it work properly. So far no problems. Ours does ride in the front compartment. I sort of wedge things around it to keep it from moving. It's pretty tight fit anyway so doesn't move too far. We really like the power and reliability. Cranks on first pull almost always.... if one remembers to turn it on! Also don't forget to open gas top lever.... otherwise after a few minutes of running it will just sort of sputter out on you. Enjoy. They are nice.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:01 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
RMccord, I have two of the Honda 2000i that I can twin with a adapter cord. When twinned they will run the A/C. Yes they are very quiet. I heard a Onan generator running and the two Hondas are quieter. I store both of mine in the front compartment. I raised the shelf so I could get them in easier. I numbered them 1 and 2 so I can remember to alternate the useage when only using one at a time. I also made a 6 gallon gas tank for them. I got the instructions for the gas can from the RV.net web site.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote