Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
What do you say

I am looking for some digital gauges for my TV. I am thinking about Banks IQ or IDash as I already have a Banks Speedbrake. What do most of you use? I am not looking for a tuner but might be open to it. Please give me your thoughts.

h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:37 PM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
As far as Tuners go The ONLY one I would bother with is EFI Live with a Kory Willis or Idaho Rob Tow tune and any Duramax Forum will tell ya the same thing ,I have a Banks tuner and it SUCKS! for towing all it does is overheat the truck and send my EGT's over the moon when In Tow mode climbing big grades so I just use it now in Stock mode now for a code reader if the check engine light comes on WITHOUT the 5er hooked up it makes my Duramax Alot Quicker BUT I never use my truck for anything but Towing so I wasted my money on the Banks Tuner
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by h2ojocky

I am looking for some digital gauges for my TV. I am thinking about Banks IQ or IDash as I already have a Banks Speedbrake. What do most of you use? I am not looking for a tuner but might be open to it. Please give me your thoughts.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:06 AM   #3
Simpson9508
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13509
I have the Edge Insight CTS2 gauge monitor. I'm not in the truck but I believe I can monitor 12 different parameters.
Simpson9508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #4
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
I have a Banks Speedbrake with IQ. I like the IQ because it will display up to 5 features. I have it set for brake, trans temp, RPM, boost, and gear, but there are a bunch of choices to select from. And if you add a tuner, you can control it through the IQ. It does not read EGT however, so I added a Banks EGT gauge and a pillar mount to my truck. IQ also has Bluetooth capability and will play your music, but that doesn't sound too good. Overall a good product that serves me well.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote