Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
keepontruckin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2484
Send a message via MSN to keepontruckin
Thanks to All Members of MOC

We wish to thank all members of the MOC for the information that has been provided through the forums. We have been members since Nov 2004 and have been eagerly researching forum discussions.

Cindy and I have decided to take a few years off and conduct a walkabout (rvabout). The information that has been contributed by all of the members have been invaluable in our decision on purchase of the Montana 5th wheel and TV preparation.

We will be departing in August of 2005 and heading to West Yellowstone to do our fly fishing and a little relaxation. After that, we hope to attend the rally in October and work our way around the South.

We are not retired...just need a break, however, we will work as we go through the South.

Many thanks to all of you for your input and discussions on the MOC forum.

keepontruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Congratulations! Be sure to go to the rally section and follow the instructions to send an email and deposit for the october rally. We need to get the count of those planning to be there so we can reserve the sites. I hope you enjoy your travels.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:38 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Yea, Brian and Cindy! Sounds like you are very excited about this as well you should be! Be sure to let us know where you are staying in the West Yellowstone area. We currently plan to be visit Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and Glacier in the July/August timeframe. Maybe we'll be able to get together in there sometime.

Have a great trip. Sure sounds like fun!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #4
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Brian & Cindy,

Walkabout (RVabout) now how cool is that? Enjoy your Travels.

Hopefully you'll be able to keep in touch.

Always loved the song "Freebird"

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:27 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Really excited for you!! It is tough to wait, but it sounds like you are folks with a plan and a goal. Hurrah for you. Just do it!!
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
keepontruckin,
Fantastic! And congratulations on doing your "RVabout". Starting at the best is always a good way to do things. As far as I'm concerned Yellowstone is right at the top of places to visit. Sounds as if you may have been there before so I hope my info is not too far off for you. August will be one of the busiest times of the year. So expect large crowds. There are few RV parks in the park itself. Some nice CGs but they have no hookups. There are several RV parks just north of the park that are really nice. If you can secure a site at one of them and use that as your base of operations for a month or so it would be really nice. I don't remember the names of the parks but I'm sure they're all in the books and on the web.

By all means plan on attending the Rally in early Oct. in Reno. Hope to see you there. We plan to spend the month of September in the Reno area since that is the "happening" month for Reno. Just all kinds of things happening there. Then, of course, we will be at the Reno National MOC Rally October 5-11.

So again welcome to the MOC and enjoy it all. See you soon.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:19 AM   #7
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Brian and Cindy,

Well your sure hit a soft spot with us. We are in the OUTBACK and sure would like to take a walk about with our rig but it is state side and we are down under. Enjoy and be safe.

Keep us informed so we can enjoy with you. Good luck.
and keep on trucking
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:30 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Brian and Cindy to the MOC.

Sounds as though you have yourself an agenda and a great one at that. I have been fishing for many years and always wanted learn to fly fish. I am always amazed at how you can have all that line off the reel and not get tangled up in it.

Anyway here's hoping you have a great rvabout and with any luck at all we'll see you in Reno.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:29 AM   #9
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Brian and Cindy, Welcome to the MOC and congratulations on your decision and new unit. I am sure many adventures await the two of you as you pursue your RVabout. We will all anticipate your posts in the future sharing your adventures. It is always a wonderful feeling when a decision is finally made and steps are taken to put that decision into action. Enjoy!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome. We were in Yellowstone last June. We stayed in the Henry's Lake area - a nice state park there and not too much of a drive to Yellowstone. Sounds like you have great adventures planned - enjoy to the fullest!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote