Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
To My Friends

Greetings to My Friends,

It's not often I have a loss of words, but with the recent tragedy that has occurred in our country it is enough to take my breath away. I have agonized whether to mention this in the MOC; however after some thought I think it is time to step up and do whatever I can to make our world a better place. Therefore I plan to do whatever I can to help others to make them feel better, and if nothing else lend an ear to someone that is in need of one. I encourage all of you to take a couple of moments to reflect on the Christmas Spirit and put it in play for the season and beyond. Drop some coins in the Red Kettles, ring some bells, help your neighbors shovel snow/rake leaves, volunteer at the homeless shelter or your church, hold a door open for someone, greet people with a smile and say hello, and I can go on and on, but you get the point. If we all would be cordial toward each other the world would be a much better place and just maybe we can have a positive effect on others. Give it a try; it can be like a fire, once it starts it can spread like a wildfire and I am confident you would feel better as well. As Tiny Tim so eloquently stated: "God bless us, every one!"

Wishing all of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful and Happy New Year!!

Your Friend Always, Scott

PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Random acts of kindness, particularly around the Christmas season seem to not only bless the receiver, but even more so the giver. Try it, you will definitely like it!! Good post and great suggestion!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
jwedell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6436
Very well said and the same to you, your family and friends.
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
x3

There's so much more we all have in common than that which divides us.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Very good thought indeed!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
well, I'm headed to FL right now to do volunteer construction work for 2~3 months for a no-kill shelter that really needs some help. Well said.....single acts add up...it's not hard to make a difference.
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
You are spot on with this thought!
Now, let's make it happen.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

Greetings to My Friends,

It's not often I have a loss of words, but with the recent tragedy that has occurred in our country it is enough to take my breath away. I have agonized whether to mention this in the MOC; however after some thought I think it is time to step up and do whatever I can to make our world a better place. Therefore I plan to do whatever I can to help others to make them feel better, and if nothing else lend an ear to someone that is in need of one. I encourage all of you to take a couple of moments to reflect on the Christmas Spirit and put it in play for the season and beyond. Drop some coins in the Red Kettles, ring some bells, help your neighbors shovel snow/rake leaves, volunteer at the homeless shelter or your church, hold a door open for someone, greet people with a smile and say hello, and I can go on and on, but you get the point. If we all would be cordial toward each other the world would be a much better place and just maybe we can have a positive effect on others. Give it a try; it can be like a fire, once it starts it can spread like a wildfire and I am confident you would feel better as well. As Tiny Tim so eloquently stated: "God bless us, every one!"

Wishing all of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful and Happy New Year!!

Your Friend Always, Scott
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I fully agree. We need to seriously get involved in making the world a better place. Merry Christmas and the best to you and Sue in the coming year.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Great post, well said. Merry Christmas to you.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #10
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Very well put. We wish everyone a blessed Christmas.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #11
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Tremendous words indeed! Thank you! All it may take is to touch one life which might touch another....

GOD Bless All and Merry Christmas to All! Wishing each and everyone a wonderful holiday season and with continued hope and faith that 2013 will be better than 2012!

Old 12-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #12
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
Random acts of kindness pays it forward. Random acts of kindness come back later when you least expect them. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Walt & Lynne
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #13
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Thank you Scott, and a very Merry Christmas back your way also. You are so right, sometimes words fail us at times like these. I just can't imagine the hardships and grief in that little Town. In my little mind, its beyond comprehension. It sure made us stop and reflect and hug our Grand kids more, I do know that. Our main claim to fame in do-gooders is taking our band to the nursing homes. It is so rewarding to see their faces when we play, it more than makes up for hauling and setting up the equipment. Everyone have a great and safe Christmas and New Year. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie

Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Thanx Scott well said, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and PLEASE Let us have PEACE and joy for the new year everybody