Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
My Turn on Mission Tires

We are on the road from Texas to Boston, got as far as Lebannon TN and was looking for overnight parking when I noticed what looked like a big ball of mud on one of the tires (saw it in my rearview mirrow) drivers side rear tire. Knowing that there wasn't any mud on I40 I pulled over into a big turn out and discovered a knot on the tire the size of a softball. Lucky there was no blowout. Changed the tire and now have no spare. So where do I get a replacement on a Sunday in Lebannon TN, no clue.

I was one of those wait and see guys, we have 8100 miles on the tires. Well, we waited and now I see. The other tires look okay but I sure don't have any warm fuzzy feeling about them. It's been a long day, will sleep on it and decide what to do tomorrow.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sorry you are having this trouble. Yours add to a long list. I got rid of mine early. Others will come along and give suggestions on what to do now. Boston will be there soon.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Come on back to Texas. I'll give you a Mission spare!!

Sorry to hear that Jim. I don't have but less than 1000 miles on my Missions. I'm a procrastinator also, but you may have convinced me.

Hope you found a place for the night.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
It's too bad we can't send the Missions back to Keystone when Tireco warrants them.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

It's too bad we can't send the Missions back to Keystone when Tireco warrants them.....
What would they do with thousands of slightly used and potentially flawed Mission tires? Take my set, still in the garage. Tireco is not interested in taking them of my hands.

My only current problem is what type of TPM to get, Doran, Saf-Tee or Pressure Pro.

Here's who you need to contact:

TIRECO'S Contact Info:
Teri Lancaster
300 W. ARTESIA BLVD
COMPTON, CA 90220-5530 U.S.A.
800-937-9433
FAX: (310)637-8952
terril@tireco.com
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Steve,I've tried Doran RV 360 and the monitor kept dropping detection of one or more of sensors and their made in China. I sent the system back. so far I haven't heard of anyone that has received the Saf-Tee system. I ended up with the PressurePro and couldn't be more happier. Mike and Pat provide excellent customer service. http://www.PressureProSystem.com/
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:34 AM   #7
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Steve I would go with the Pressure Pro system and would use Mike and Pat Mcfall. They are full time RV'er and are very helpful and HONEST. I can't speak for that other brand except to say they are new on the market. We have bought two systems from them, let the first go when we sold our Truck and 5th wheel, just couldn't let them go Rving without the Pressure Pro system. GBY....

www.Pressureprosystems.com
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:22 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Look up a tire shop. Don't waste you time going to any RV dealership, most don't have a tire on the place, they all farm the work out to a tire shop close by. If you can, stay at a RV park until Tireco sends you a set, their 3 days will turn into 6 or 7, so be prepared for that. They will send them UPS, get a tracking number from them, so you can monitor the progress of the tires. We spoke with Victoria, super nice lady. I would press for $10.00 a tire changing fee, all they will allow, if that.
If you buy a spare, they will give you the money for that, and send you 4. You can tell them to send 5 and just keep the extra 'skin' for a road hazard failure in the future. I like the replacements they sent, seem like a lot of rubber on them, We did the last 700 miles or so on the new ones. OK so far....
Good luck. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask any of us.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #9
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Thanks for all the feedback folks, we are staying over a day in Lebanon, TN, calling Tireco first thing in the AM, probably will buy a spare and go on down the road, have the replacements delivered to our final destination, that is if these that are on the ground will make it that far. Question, will Tireco re-emburse for a total tire change out? Anyone do that..
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JimF

Question, will Tireco re-emburse for a total tire change out? Anyone do that..
Tireco sent us 5 replacement tires but would not pay for changing them, guess we did not press hard enough. Total cost to me was $40.00.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:54 PM   #11
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Steve I just got 5 new tires from tireco very nice people. now at home trying to decide what to do next. Ozz what brand did they send you. They sent me milestar they look like mission so I cked the dot# it is the same Maybe they just changed the name Hummmmmmm. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote