Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2020, 04:19 PM   #1
shorthauler
Established Member

M.O.C. #25922
Replacing the DVD with Blu-Ray

We would like to replace our DVD with a Blu-Ray player, has anyone done this without making modifications to the cabinet? There's got to be something out there that will fit in the same slot.

Ralph & Nadine
2020 3120

shorthauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Nope, had to cut a hole in the cabinet to run the power cord and get the hdmi cable into the old cabinet and down to the TV. My wife uses the old hole to keep her recipes in.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
shorthauler
Established Member

M.O.C. #25922
We were able to add a Blu-Ray and use the stereo speakers but was hoping to replace the DVD player. We only camp about 4 times a year so the wife doesn't need a place to store her recipes. Now that I think about it she only has a handful, most of her recipes are stored in her head. That might be why her meals never taste the same.

Ralph & Nadine
2020 3120
Old 06-21-2020, 07:05 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Our DVD is also our 5.1 surround sound system. And fits into a small slot in the cabinet below the TV. When the no-name OEM unit died years ago, I measured the size of the cabinet opening and wrote those numbers down. Went to Best Buy and they had a Panasonic blu ray DVD/5.1 surround sound home theater system almost exactly the same size that fit perfect. It came with new speakers that were very slightly larger than the old ones. I could have just used the old speakers but carefully using a small hand saw I enlarged the speaker openings just a little so the new speakers fit. Plays regular DVDs and blu ray DVDs and sound is much much better.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:05 AM   #5
shorthauler
Established Member

M.O.C. #25922
Thanks Bill that's good to know, does the Panasonic have AM/FM also or just Blu-Ray? I was thinking of measuring the space and going to Car Toys and see what they have. Hooked up a Blu-Ray player to the TV in the bedroom yesterday only to find out the TV is bad (many lines and discolor in the top 6 inches) so I'm going to buy something different. I can't see the dealer giving me anything but another Jensen.

Ralph & Nadine
2020 3120
Old 06-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
The Panasonic has FM but not AM if I remember correctly, but I have never actually used the radio function.

Our TVs are 120 vac and I replaced both with Samsung LCD in the bedroom and Samsung LED for the larger one in the living room.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #7
shorthauler
Established Member

M.O.C. #25922
That's great info, thanks!

Ralph