Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #61
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We care not about brands but we live in Ford country and through friends get the Ford X plan to purchase and that is a big discount so we buy Fords. I do not care about how fast we can go or how fast we can get up fancy gap.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 05:03 PM   #62
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Come on Rich you don’t know what fun is until you blow by a semi struggling up Fancy Gap. Seriously folks Fancy Gap is or can be extremely dangerous. There are warnings sings on the top and bottom for a reason. Fancy Gap is just north of the North Carolina border on I77. Its a gap in the mountain that funnels wind from the low land to the high land. Semis get blown over a State Trooper was blown over the guard rail. I had a 7 foot 2x10 blown out of my truck. Multiple car pileups are not uncommon. Fog so thick you can’t see the front of your truck is common. BE CAREFUL heed the warnings. We live 50 or 60 miles from there and it’s not uncommon for it to be the lead story on the 6 o’clock news. Your camper would not look good on the news over the mountain.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, mileage