Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2017, 08:07 AM   #1
astrungis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13151
Front Jack Failure on Lippert 6-Point Leveling

I got my Montana 2013 FB3900 out of storage yesterday and brought it home. It was level on all 6 jacks last night. This morning I woke up and discovered the front jacks failed and were grounded. The other 4 jacks were still touching the ground? I raised the front jacks using the control panel and then hit "Auto Level". The system was successful leveled again. I checked the H. fluid level and checked for leaks - everything OK. What else could have caused this? The road in front is downhill slightly towards the front. The temp last night was in the 40's.
Thanks, Tony

astrungis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
This is one I would call Lippert customer service on for sure. They have always been good to work with.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
astrungis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13151
This inquiry to Lippert is going to have to be done on the fly. We have a scheduled 2000 mile RT to make that I cannot cancel. I'm going to bring my lift jack and lumber just in case. Or leave it on the truck and not disconnect. BTW, it is holding steady right now. We are leaving in the morning. Thanks, Tony
Old 12-12-2017, 08:32 AM   #4
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
Front Jacks

I had the same issue on our 2013 3400rl. Look at the top of the left jack. on mine there is a solenoid that the lines go into. On the front side of the solenoid is an allen screw, which you probably can't see Try tightening the screw a little. DON'T over tighten it. Just snug it down and that should fix the problem. I think the allen screw is a 5/32".
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #5
astrungis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13151
Hickory, You hit the nail on the head. I called Lippert. He told me the same thing. Except it was on the opposite side. Thanks! The allen screw needed a 3/4 revolution to snug up. I have been monitoring the legs, so far no drop.