Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
rslopez65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19789
Missed it on the PDI

We thought we had covered most things on our walkthrough although we knew that was really not possible. One thing we didn't think to check was the DVD player. The dealer put a DVD in to show us how the landing gear worked so we knew it worked but we never thought to check to see if it was a BluRay player. Can't believe it won't play BluRay discs. They don't cost much so it is hard to believe they skimped on it.
We have learned a lot about our new unit and have done some problem solving with the help of this forum and for that we are grateful to all of you. Now, it is off to WallyWorld for a new DVD player.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
We bought a small box Blue Ray DVD for about $60 and plugged it directly to the TV with a HDMI cable. No fussing with the radio control box cables. Still can use the sound bar through the Jensen. I just unplug the HDMI and power cord and put it away until needed again.
Dusters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
offroad71
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11329
Did the same as Dusters. I leave mine in all the time. I taped the DVD player to the top of the entertainment unit. Easy to do.
offroad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
rslopez65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusters View Post
We bought a small box Blue Ray DVD for about $60 and plugged it directly to the TV with a HDMI cable. No fussing with the radio control box cables. Still can use the sound bar through the Jensen. I just unplug the HDMI and power cord and put it away until needed again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad71 View Post
Did the same as Dusters. I leave mine in all the time. I taped the DVD player to the top of the entertainment unit. Easy to do.
We just unplugged the old one and connected the new one. Had already switched the connection to an HDMI.
Still can't get over the fact that Keystone didn't put in a BluRay player instead of the old DVD player they used. Anyhow, all is good now.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We have a Blue-ray player in the bedroom so we just left the one in the living room.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote