Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #1
haythrower

M.O.C. #20952
Electrical Schematic for 2015 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD

New member here. Searched but couldn't find a schematic of the electrical system on a 2015 295RKD. Any ideas where I might find it, or anyone have a PDF version that can be emailed? Thanks in advance.

haythrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:02 AM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to learn and share. With some luck someone may come up with a diagram for you but they tend to be very general.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! I've never seen either electricl or plumbing schematics. There is one out there for the TV wiring, but that's about it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
The question of getting a schematic for any model comes up often. And the universal answer is, you ain’t gonna get one. I had a wiring problem with mine when a month old. Even dealer service manager could not get one from Keystone. His guys had to troubleshoot blind.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #5
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Not to long ago they started color coding there wires. Before, all wires were the same color and i know that's hard to believe but that's what was told to those that took the Montana factory tour last September. If you had a schematic then it would still be very hard to trace the wires using the same color but yours might be color coded. Just not sure what year they changed over. Good luck 'fishing'.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #6
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I been hare since 2004. Nobody has ever found a wire or plumbing diagram for a Montana camper. They don’t exist because they aren’t needed. Or at least by Montana.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #7
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
The best you could do would be turn off a breaker and go around your rig and identify every dead outlet and appliance, and then do that for all the rest of the breakers. Then do the same thing for all the 12 volt fuses. If you mapped out each breaker and fuse to where they go in your rig, you would have a very good source to troubleshoot electric issues for your rig only. I really doubt there is any consistency in the wiring from rig to rig or between different models.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Every unit is an adventure with all systems. Nothing is exactly the same even on like models. I believe an engineer gave his 3 year old crayons and took the result into work as the wiring diagram. He locked it in his desk and no one has ever seen it. Sometimes you may wonder if the 3 year old did not run the wires as well.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #9
haythrower

M.O.C. #20952
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
The best you could do would be turn off a breaker and go around your rig and identify every dead outlet and appliance, and then do that for all the rest of the breakers. Then do the same thing for all the 12 volt fuses. If you mapped out each breaker and fuse to where they go in your rig, you would have a very good source to troubleshoot electric issues for your rig only. I really doubt there is any consistency in the wiring from rig to rig or between different models.
I'm really focused on understanding what reset-able breakers they use, and I wondered if they might be listed by manufacturer and spec on the schematic.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #10
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
haythrower, I’ve been one of those since I was about 5 years old. I have a picture of me packing hay on a horse drawn wagon when I was about 5. We graduated to square bales then to round bales. We still get up a few square bales over 65 years later.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #11
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
haythrower ... you're asking for something that isn't available ... at least none of us have been able to get a wiring / plumbing / structure / hydraulic schematic(s) since they started making Montanas in 1999. Take the advice of previous replies and develop your own schematic specific to your unit.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #12
haythrower

M.O.C. #20952
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
haythrower, I’ve been one of those since I was about 5 years old. I have a picture of me packing hay on a horse drawn wagon when I was about 5. We graduated to square bales then to round bales. We still get up a few square bales over 65 years later.
Lynwood
Yea I grew up on a dairy farm in PA, and we did a lot of hay. I live in WA now, and in recent history, we had Percheron draft horses, so we started baling hay to keep up with their hay needs. Horses are gone now, and so is the hay equipment.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #13
haythrower

M.O.C. #20952
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
haythrower ... you're asking for something that isn't available ... at least none of us have been able to get a wiring / plumbing / structure / hydraulic schematic(s) since they started making Montanas in 1999. Take the advice of previous replies and develop your own schematic specific to your unit.
Thanks for the note. Hard to believe in this day and age that full disclosure isn't normal. Maybe they are worried about legal issues. Who knows!
Old 12-16-2017, 10:00 PM   #14
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Welcome to MOC from Washington St! We have a 2017 352RL & have some friends that have the same rig and there not the same are GFCI is in the bathroom and theirs is in the
kitchen island how's that happen so I don't think any 2 are alike. I made my wiring & plumbing schematics it not hard just takes a little time and looking around.

Bob & Carol
Washington St
2017 352RL 2008 Dodge DRW crew cab 4x4 LB 6.7L
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote