Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2004, 02:53 PM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Announcement!

Annoncement

John and Donna are thrilled to announce the arrival of their new "baby". Today, at Keystone RV, Plant #2, Montana Production, Goshen IN, their new 3670RL rolled off the production line. Many thanks to Jeff Rank and his "labour and delivery" staff. Thanks also to Bob Barrett and the team at "Camping in Style", Brooklin, Ontario for their exceptional pre and post delivery care. After a short test run the new baby will be heading South to find some warmer weather in Gulf Shores AL. (or at least what is left of Gulf Shores after hurricane Ivan). Special thanks to the "Godparents" at HEPCOE Credit Union.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulations on the new Montana, we hope you have many happy miles together.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 05:28 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, John and Donna! Boy or girl??
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:17 PM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Congratulations are you passing out candy bars or cigars.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:56 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Congratulations on your arrival. May you have a safe journey. Keep us posted. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:21 AM   #6
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Congratulations on you new Montana.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:45 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Way to go John and Donna,
Don't smoke so make that candy bar sugar free.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:11 PM   #8
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Happy RVing
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:00 PM   #9
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Don't get a hernia burping that baby! Congrats.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:54 PM   #10
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Congratulations on your new addition, John and Donna! Enjoy!!! interesting,guys, I've bought both our 5er's through Camping in Style. We originally had a Cougar and then changed over to the Montana. Serg and Tara are great people as is their whole family!! Again, enjoy your new baby as I'm sure you will!!
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:41 PM   #11
Montana_1829

M.O.C. #1829
Enjoy life, LOVE, LIVE, and HAVE FUN!
Montana_1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 01:21 PM   #12
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
John & Donna,
I'm so happy for you in obtaining just what you wanted! Congratulations! I'm still curious about what solution you reached to accommodate Donna's quilting activities. Care to comment here or privately by email?

Hugs,
Sharon
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 03:24 PM   #13
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GypsySCM

John & Donna,
I'm so happy for you in obtaining just what you wanted! Congratulations! I'm still curious about what solution you reached to accommodate Donna's quilting activities. Care to comment here or privately by email?
Hi Sharon,

To tell the truth, we are not quite sure what we are going to do about the quilting. We have a few ideas in mind, but we decided to wait until we have actual unit in our hands before we make a definite move. The first thing we will try is to see if the existing computer desk can be adapted. Otherwise we will probably be looking at one of several folding tables that we have seen. One was made by the Amish fellow that I think you told us about. CW have a couple of possible options as well. I guess its wait and see for now.

The trailer should be at the dealer's by now, we should get it next week some time, we are not going to rush them.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:25 AM   #14
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Good idea to wait until you actually have the rig and get settled in. I know you're excited, and I hope everything works out well at delivery time!
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:04 AM   #15
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Donna:
I got a Singer featherweight to carry in the rig. I would probably use the dining room table for sewing, . I got one of the "Fiskar" suitcases from JoAnnes to carry my sewing supplies in. It includes an ironing surface, holds the cutting mat, ruler and fabric, and has a pallette like thing that holds needles, thread, scissors, rotary cutters and all the little gadgets we like to use. Both items will tuck into the closet. If you wait for one of Joannes 40% or 50% coupons the suitcase is even reasonable cost.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 03:15 PM   #16
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FireTruckerWife

Donna:
I got a Singer featherweight to carry in the rig. I would probably use the dining room table for sewing, . I got one of the "Fiskar" suitcases from JoAnnes to carry my sewing supplies in. It includes an ironing surface, holds the cutting mat, ruler and fabric, and has a pallette like thing that holds needles, thread, scissors, rotary cutters and all the little gadgets we like to use. Both items will tuck into the closet. If you wait for one of Joannes 40% or 50% coupons the suitcase is even reasonable cost.
Hello Sharon,
Thanks for your tip on the "Fiskar suitcase" I have never seen one, but I will keep my eyes open for one now that I know it exists. I have a folding cutting/ironing pad, but not as elaborate as you describe. I also have a Singer Featherweight that I inherited from my mother. It looks to be in good shape, but I have not used it for quilting yet, because I think it should be serviced first. My sewing maching is a portable Swiss-made Elna that is quite light and easy to transport.

I think we are just going to have ask Lady RV to start a Montana Quilters section on the forum, I have run into a surprising number of quilters in our travels.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:35 PM   #17
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Donna ... I happened to be surfing last night and went into Overstock.com's site. I happened to see some folding/portable sewing table kinda things that made me think about you and your quilting. Since you're not in a hurry, you might want to surf the net a bit and see what's out there that might work for you.

By the by ... I don't quilt, but I think a Montana Quilter's section is a marvelous idea!

Enjoy your new baby ... it's always such fun to get a new rig!

Later!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:01 PM   #18
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
I just checked JoAnn.com and found it for you to take a look at. go to www.joann.com and do a search for Fiskars StitchPal Sewing And Quilting Organizer. Some of the comments by people say it is heavy, and it is, when you get all your stuff in it, but you won't be carrying it far, and it really is compact.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:36 AM   #19
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Vicki and Sharon,

My thanks to both of you for your tips on quilting table type items to use in the trailer. I will drop in at JoAnne's next time we are in the US. (Should be soon now.)

Vicki, I looked at Overstock.com, but did not see anything like you described. Maybe I will try again this evening, it was too nice a day here to spend much time surfing the web.

Donna.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:08 AM   #20
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Congratulations on your new baby . Take good care of him or her .
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote