Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
2012 TV Brand

Hello,

Just wondering what brand of TVs are in the new units, and if big screen is same brand as the smaller bedroom TV.

Thank you!

Greg

PS for all who have helped so much: just got THE call that the trailer was delivered today! It's about four hours away, and we don't have the truck yet though. We will go up next Saturday and sign, and unfortunately there it will sit until the truck is done. Getting close to camping though

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Congratulations on the new rig! Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. Can't help you on the TVs since ours is a 2010. In ours the 12v is a different brand than the big screen.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Greg,
Congratulations! Glad to hear the rig has arrived. I know you must be excited. Get that truck and hook up and start enjoying that thing. We have an older rig but the TV in the living room was different brand than the one in the bedroom. Good luck and keep us updated on getting the rig and truck. Happy Trails, Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Congratulations on the new rig! Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. Can't help you on the TVs since ours is a 2010. In ours the 12v is a different brand than the big screen.
Thanks Dick. Forgot the bedroom TV is 12V, so that makes sense it would be different brand. Thanks for the congrats!

Greg
Old 01-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Greg,
Congratulations! Glad to hear the rig has arrived. I know you must be excited. Get that truck and hook up and start enjoying that thing. We have an older rig but the TV in the living room was different brand than the one in the bedroom. Good luck and keep us updated on getting the rig and truck. Happy Trails, Dennis
Thanks Dennis. Yeah, definitely excited. Actually ordered the truck in SEPTEMBER! However, they missed one of the options we wanted which couldn't be changed so they had to re-order - alas, we have our cart before our horse!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
tanner1070
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11365
Got my Monty this past May. It is a 2011 with all the 2012 features. Samsung in the living area and 12 volt Jenson in the bedroom.

Hope that helps.

Have fun!
tanner1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tanner1070

Got my Monty this past May. It is a 2011 with all the 2012 features. Samsung in the living area and 12 volt Jenson in the bedroom.

Hope that helps.

Have fun!
Thanks Don, appreciate the info.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #8
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
our 2012 is also Samsung and Jensen tv's

kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:02 AM   #9
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Samsung and Jensen here also. You may have gotten the Cart before the horse, but it looks like you have a mighty fine horse on the way (and we're not even Ford people) but those new Ford PSD sure are quiet running.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #10
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Samsung and Jensen here, too. Congrats on a great rig.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Samsung in living room and outside entertainment center. Jenson 12 volt in bedroom. Also, if yours is the same as mine the living room surround sound system is powered by the Samsung DVD player in the right side cabinet. It is Dolby 5.1 with an optical connection between the player and tv. You need to turn on both and the default will be the dvd player. Select the tv as the source to hear the tv through the surround sound. My dealer knew absolutely nothing on the operation and keystone Manuel is poor.
By the way, the sound is awesome from the 5 speakers.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks all! Sounds like Samsung and Jensen are the ones. Appreciate the info.

Greg
Old 01-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mhs4771

but it looks like you have a mighty fine horse on the way (and we're not even Ford people) but those new Ford PSD sure are quiet running.
LOL thanks. We're just hoping they managed to get all the bugs out of it by now

Old 01-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kab449

Samsung in living room and outside entertainment center. Jenson 12 volt in bedroom. Also, if yours is the same as mine the living room surround sound system is powered by the Samsung DVD player in the right side cabinet. It is Dolby 5.1 with an optical connection between the player and tv. You need to turn on both and the default will be the dvd player. Select the tv as the source to hear the tv through the surround sound. My dealer knew absolutely nothing on the operation and keystone Manuel is poor.
By the way, the sound is awesome from the 5 speakers.
Thanks for the heads up on the sound operation Keith. I know nothing about entertainment hook-up or use, so I'll have to get one of the nephews over to train me Looking forward to hearing the surround sound. That's neat you got the outside entertainment. I saw that online, but haven't seen it in the brochure yet. Did they have any other new options for the '12s? Appreciate the input!

Greg
Old 01-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Samsung and Jensen for us too, in our 2011 3400. Seahunter, when you get the new rig, if it does come with the Samsung TV and surround sound, be sure and read the manual. It has some slick features, such as a speaker test mode. I discovered this when I felt I was not getting the right sound. You put it in the test mode, and on the TV it shows what speaker it is testing. Gives it a kind of "white sound" noise to test. I found that half the speakers were not working. Cause was bad wiring.......in that when they hooked them up, they either forgot to strip the wires, or shoved them in so far, the clips were on the insulation, not the wire. Also, two of them that were above the TV were backwards, as in the right was "left" and the left" was right. It was a bit time consuming to sort it all out, but now the system works great. What a sound......especially if I put on my favorite CD and "rock on"......!!!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #16
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TAKPAK

Samsung and Jensen for us too, in our 2011 3400. Seahunter, when you get the new rig, if it does come with the Samsung TV and surround sound, be sure and read the manual. It has some slick features, such as a speaker test mode. I discovered this when I felt I was not getting the right sound. You put it in the test mode, and on the TV it shows what speaker it is testing. Gives it a kind of "white sound" noise to test. I found that half the speakers were not working. Cause was bad wiring.......in that when they hooked them up, they either forgot to strip the wires, or shoved them in so far, the clips were on the insulation, not the wire. Also, two of them that were above the TV were backwards, as in the right was "left" and the left" was right. It was a bit time consuming to sort it all out, but now the system works great. What a sound......especially if I put on my favorite CD and "rock on"......!!!
Thanks Terry! Will definitely check it out. I have heard some wiring horror stories on here.... I don't mind if it's the TV system I guess - better than the AC panel! I plan to try and check all the wiring as I can based on advice on here. And the plumbing sounds like it needs a good looking over too... All the fun of a new trailer I guess

G