Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2004, 04:53 PM   #1
Rob Cooley
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4
Send a message via Yahoo to Rob Cooley
California Members

Tonight we will have introduced the 100th California member.
CONGRATULATIONS

03 F350 6.0 PSD CC Larait
02 Montana 3280
TrailAir Pin Box
Ziggy & Zack Italian Grayhounds
http://www.PictureTrail.com/ziggy101

Rob Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:32 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations to all those great members in a great state. We love traveling in California (except for those fuel prices!). Such a diverse state. My wife grew up in California and all three of our kids were born there and I lived there for 9 years.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #3
littlespud
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1696
We are proud new owners of a 3400 RL, we will pick it up this coming weekend, we live in the Sacramento Area, and are looking to do some camping on the weekends, we still are memebers of the working class for a few more years. I see there are people looking for a group club, that sounds like a great idea. I hope someone can put something together in the future, my wife, and I would like to expand our horizons. I'll stay tuned.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:00 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Welcome littlespud. We are also in the Sacramento area and are of the working class for a few more years also.... probably 8 more years. Then we hope to "fulltime" in our Montana or at least for half the year.
We like to go over to the Bodega Bay area to camp. It's fairly close and easy roads to travel on. When everyone else is heading east on I-80 on Friday afternoons.... we are headed west and have lots less traffic! Same for coming home on Sunday.
Again, welcome to the site.... I truly believe it has the best people on the web!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:00 AM   #5
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
Welcome littlespud,
Hooray for CA! We're in the southern Sierra Nevadas and are new members, too. We have taken our new toys out for several trips and it's just like a honeymoon all over again. And just wait until you get to retire and can really go!!! What a life!
#29 fans (from Posey, CA)
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:59 PM   #6
Montana_1712

M.O.C. #1712
We will be getting our 3400rl in about two weeks....and can't wait...We are adding the second AC unit...we like it cool at night...also will be towing with a 2002 f350 7.3 power stroke diesel, 4x4, crew cab, short bed with a 4 inch lift (done by original owner I just bought it from....having a 16k superslide added next week...with prodigy brake control....

Anything else I should be concerned with....I have a Superchip programmer which added about 120Horse and not sure of torque yet...My first 5th wheel so any help is appreciated....

Taking our first trip to Tahoe on July 1st...
Montana_1712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 07:20 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Nelsonj1965 and congratulations on the new Montana! You probably won't really need a chip in the 7.3 but some folks are using one and are happy. More power never hurts.

You might want to think about getting rid of the 4-inch lift, assuming that includes the bed being lifted. I don't know if it would cause a problem with the Montana being too nose high and/or too close to the bedrails. There might not be a problem so you might hitch up first and see if it's a problem. Mine is pure stock and clearance is really good at about 9 inches over the bedrail. Just a thought, might not be a problem.

Good luck. Tahoe sounds like a great place for a first trip. We came through the area last year and wanted to take US 50 through Tahoe but there's a low bridge in there we can't get under so we cut through the mountains. Highway 88 and/or 89 rings a bell. Have fun in Tahoe!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:46 PM   #8
Montana_349
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #349
It looks like we may have enough Californians for a great camp session. We are located in Ridgecrest (if anyone can find this place).
Montana_349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:06 PM   #9
littlespud
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1696
littlespud lives in Fair Oaks, just picked up my 2005 3400RL two weeks ago, test driving it over the 4th, going to Dunagan, do a little golfing, swimming, and just R&R, working the 5er hard for the big trip to Montana in August. Are there many in the Sacramento Area, it would be great if it was club size. If there are others give us shout...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D and M On The Road

*YAHOO!*....... where are we all?
We're in the Sacramento area.
Anyone else near us?

"On the Road Again.."
"Just Can't Wait to Get on the Road Again..."
2000 Dodge Ram SB 2500 4x4 Quad Turbo Cummings
2002 Montana 3295RK
2001 Onan 3600 (propane)
Old 06-30-2004, 05:04 PM   #10
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Gary & Jennifer,
Welcome to the MOC. So glad to see you posting. We are not from CA but have lots of friends out there. We sill definitely be visiting your great state after our retirement.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:47 PM   #11
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rob Cooley

Tonight we will have introduced the 100th California member.
CONGRATULATIONS
Ditto to what Rob said! How are we in Michigan ever going to catch up????

Dick & Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:50 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Gary and Jennifer! Where are you going to in Montana? We were just in that beautiful state a few weeks ago. There, near St. Regis, we saw our first real live bull moose in the wild! Quite an experience for us.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:35 PM   #13
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Welcome all you Californians. I too have lived in Southern California (Orange County) for many years and have many family members still living there. When we get on the road we will certainly visit California. Enjoy the good life.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:19 PM   #14
littlespud
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1696
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Welcome aboard, Gary and Jennifer! Where are you going to in Montana? We were just in that beautiful state a few weeks ago. There, near St. Regis, we saw our first real live bull moose in the wild! Quite an experience for us.

Montana is a great place to visit, and to live. I grew up in Anaconda, South east of Missoula, by Butte. We are from Montana, we live in California, but I tell people we are just visiting, (been visiting sense 1988). My Girls, and grandkids live in Billings, and Glendive, that is where we head every year for three weeks. We just bought a 3400RL, wow. We haven't told the kids, we are going to surprise them, (I think it will). St Regis is beautiful country we have a sister living in Kalispell. We have been there a lot. Glad you enjoyed Montana, and as we always say, don’t wait so long to come back, we enjoy having ya.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:19 PM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Besides St. Regis, we overnighted at Bozeman, then spent a week just north of Hardin while we did the Custer thing, Pompey's Pillar, and the BigHorn Canyon/Yellowtail Dam. We did a little shopping in Billings and had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse there. We most definitely want to get back to see the rest of Montana.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:44 PM   #16
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Littlespud....howdy neighbor! We are probably about 20 to 25 miles apart.

We take our Montana over to Doran Beach at Bodega Bay quite often. It's dry camping (no hook-ups) but we still enjoy it tremendously. It's easy to get to and takes 1-1/2 to 2 hours travel time.

If interested, here is a web address to look at:
http://www.sonoma-county.org/parks/pk_doran.htm
If you make a reservation, the "Gull" or "Cove" camps are the best inside Doran. We don't camp at what they call the "Jetty" camp area as it's more of just a parking lot.

Congratulations on your new Montana..... we are sure you'll love it.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:08 AM   #17
twk

M.O.C. #1917
Sure can;
My wife Terri and I just bought a 2950rk in Reno last weekend and live in Bishop. We will pickup the trailer on the 14th.
Tim

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jim ed

It looks like we may have enough Californians for a great camp session. We are located in Ridgecrest (if anyone can find this place).
twk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:39 PM   #18
Montana_1929
Established Member

M.O.C. #1929
Another California family here. Ventura County area. Love to take the kids and the dog and get away!
Montana_1929 is offline   Reply With Quote