Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Trouble with photobucket???

Has anyone had trouble while using photobucket? A malware message popped up while trying to link pics to the MOC website. It's a way to get you to buy their software. Our daughter had the same thing happen to her last week when she went to look at a pic we had posted on the site.

NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
No problem here, Jim, and I use it a lot. I suspect you might have some malware already running on your system and it pops up the message based on the website you're on. Maybe?

I like the free anti-malware by Malwarebytes at malwarebytes.org . I use the free version and run it weekly. If you decide to try it, first click on the update tab and run the update to get the latest signatures. I do that every time. Then run the scan. I've found this one to be excellent, even better than my Trend Micro anti-virus that includes anti-malware/spyware. You may already have something just as good.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

No problem here, Jim, and I use it a lot. I suspect you might have some malware already running on your system and it pops up the message based on the website you're on. Maybe?

I like the free anti-malware by Malwarebytes at malwarebytes.org . I use the free version and run it weekly. If you decide to try it, first click on the update tab and run the update to get the latest signatures. I do that every time. Then run the scan. I've found this one to be excellent, even better than my Trend Micro anti-virus that includes anti-malware/spyware. You may already have something just as good.
I also use Malwarebytes.org, its free and one of the best out there.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:23 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Having worked in IT Security at NASA, I can assure you that no one individual program will remove all adware or malware so it behooves you to run more than one program. All those suggested work for whatever their signatures are set up for. I would also suggest "Adaware" by Lavasoft, and "Spybot" by Safer Networking. Also, Microsft has malware detection programs. You will be surprised at how much each one catches that the others do not.

Good luck.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wayne is correct about that. Besides the malwarebytes software, my anti-virus also scans for adware/spyware. And if I start having symptoms I go download spybot or adaware.

Be careful, however. You can find several others when you google for solutions. But it's known that some of those "solutions" are actually the bad guy implanting more bad things on your system despite it's telling you all the things it "found" and eliminated. I'd recommend only using software recommended by people you trust. And check the reviews in online and hardcopy magazines.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Yes, we're having problems too. Our pics of maps aren't showing up. And, Steve, your pics aren't showing up either. Have a look. I think it must be a problem on their end. At least we hope that is what it is!
Dick and Sharon
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #7
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
I see our pics our back today. I think it was all on photobucket's end. Let's hope.
Sharon
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:37 AM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I had so much trouble with Photobucket I switched to TinyPic site. My pictures on Photobucket got to where they wouldn't post to a website. Perhaps it was operator error?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
It must have been a Photobucket problem. All seems fine now.

Will, I went the opposite direction, from tinypic to photobucket. I made the switch because when tinypic's servers fill up they delete the older pictures even if you're using them. Photobucket supposedly does not do that. Yet, anyhow. I may just start putting mine on our own webspace. It's just not as user friendly as photobucket and tinypic, though.