Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived - Forum Information and Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
L O N G pages

I have seen here on MOC before where members have complained about L O N G pages, usually resulting from L O N G signature lines. Now I really enjoy the signature lines, reading them & seeing everyone's creativity, etc. I myself have quite a large Signature Line. However to make it so a thread page, which consist of I believe 10 replies, or maybe it's 9 on the first page with the topic starter post (?); sometimers kicking in here ; can equal out to a very L O N G page with a bunch of scrolling. This can be very aggravating to some members.

What I do to help eliminate some of this is to only have my signature line box checked once per page. Sometimes granted I forget or miscalculate where my latest post will end up, then I go back & edit to remove the check box for my signature line. I think Brad/bsmeaton does it as well. I figure no one needs to or probably wants to see my signature line that much anyway.

So I am suggesting that maybe more of us could do that too?

Another trick while on the road or when one has a slow connection is to go to your profile near the bottom by where you compose your signature line there is this option: View Signatures in Posts?: Right there is a drop down menu & you can click it to NOT view signatures in posts. That will help in that situation.

There is also a way to eliminate or reduce the quality of graphics on each computer, but currently I cannot for the life of me remember how to do it. Perhaps some kind soul can explain how to do that? That also will speed up MOC-surfing when you have a less than stellar connection.

These are just my tricks & suggestions & are in no way meant to tell anyone what to do.

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
See here you go! Just an example of what I was saying above.
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I have been straying from excluding my signature in posts in the same thread. I have done it in the past and thanks to the reminder will return to doing it now.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I can never remember to uncheck the signature block. Partly that's because I like seeing the signatures and not having to go hunting for them in an earlier post. However, in the interest of reducing a problem I'll try to do better.

Also, I think looooong signatures are more problem than multiples of the same signature. Or at least just as much a problem. Including mine. So, I reduced the size of mine.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
I keep the signature feature turned off all the time and have for quite a while now. I got tired of signatures over a page long.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I learned something new today. Thanks Patty!!

Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #7
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I have not received any complaints concerning our signature but perhaps I'm now opening the door for that. On the other hand I enjoy the signatures because I feel it gives the posting somewhat of an individual personality.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:09 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I keep it short, I hope.

I also learned something new today.
I don't know if I'll remember to uncheck the box, but at least I learned something.

Thanks.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:43 AM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Live and let live.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
If there is a problem, then I can uncheck if the occasion presents itself. I have in the past, just because I, myself, didn't like to see all the scrolling. Didn't know there was a problem, though...

Redundancy may be good for shuttle missions, but maybe not here.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote