Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
wholesalewarranties.net

Hello,

I did a search and found a few comments on wholesalewarranties.net, but nothing very current. Just wondering if anyone is using this company and what their experience is. I saw some people getting 7 years through them a couple years ago for about $1200. I just called and talked to Daniel and he started at $2241, but when I told him I was shopping around, he miraculously came back with $1500 with $50 deductible. Good Sam quote is $2400 with $100 deductible. Big difference there. Just looking to see if anyone has any comments on wholesalewarranties.com, good or bad.

Thanks very much!

Greg

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
We have RT. 66 and are happy. Their price is negotiable and we paid 1500 for seven with 66.00 ded. There are hundreds of Rt.66 dealers nationwide. You are put at front of line for ser. at those and you receive discounts on anything purchased in their stores. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I have always purchased my extended warranties from the local dealer where I likewise bought the rigs. I ask how long they have used the company. If a dealer has been using an extended service company for years, that gives me comfort in knowing that even though they get their markup on the plan when sold, at least I know the dealer will stand behind them as well. I always ask whether the dealer is responsible for the contacts required for fulfillment of the plan. I may pay a little more for the service, but I am comfortable knowing my local dealer will be there. Now granted, if the majority of your time is spent away from your dealer, that changes the equation. Utmost in my decision is the local service being available and the work not coming out of my pocket if I am supposed to be protected. Food for thought based on my opinion and experiences only, others may differ for reasons of there own as well.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
I got my Warranty from Wholes Warranties at the end of my Factory Warranty (10/2010). Cost was $1297 with $50 deductible. The company they were using was Performance First. I have had no claims yet, but did call them when water heater wasn't working, and the said anyone with business license is fine, when I asked about having someone come to the campground.

The guy I call was booked up, but I found my problem was operator error (me). Buy pass was on.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks Larry and Bingo. I went with Costco/Camping World to purchase the trailer, so of course all they sell is the Good Sam ESP. Of course can get warranty work done anywhere I guess, but wasn't sure if the Good Sam was worth the extra money. Still waiting for the "fine print" email from wholesalewarranties.net to see if coverage is the same.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Your "steeler" will most always push an extended warranty at point of sale. They get a tidy sum for signing you up. My 2011 Montana's dealers finance guy got right down huffy when I said I'd pass on an extend warranty and decide on one closer to when the manufacturers warranty expired. Why spend the money right then as your rig is covered the first year by Keystone.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #7
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

Why spend the money right then as your rig is covered the first year by Keystone.
I'm still not sure I entirely understand this either. From what I am told, if you buy a 7-year warranty it's only six years. So, if you buy it eleven months into the trailer, you still only get six years and one month, because they base it on the "put into service" date. Can anyone confirm that? Maybe I have it mixed up with an auto extended warranty too? I'm pretty sure they charge you more if you wait until your factory warranty is almost up.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
You are correct with regards to the six years. You also run the risk of price increases by waiting until the end of your first year. Guarantee you they will not go down in that time-frame, does anything ever go down.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
My 7 year warranty started when I signed, so I really get 7 years. Some I research started from new, not when the contract was signed.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote