Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
new trailer invoice

Should the dealer have given us the invoice for the new trailer without asking? Just realized we don't have one, and I wanted an invoice showing all factory original equipment as installed by Keystone just in case do sell or trade. Even if there is no pricing on it, there is an invoice with options like a truck, or is it called something else for a trailer?

Thanks for any help!

Greg

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I would suggest you contact Keystone and see if they will give you a copy of the build sheet. We got an invoice....showed we payed $100 for the RV to be prepped for the front AC. When I couldn't locate the wiring, I contacted Keystone....no prep.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
We have ours. Did not have end table and lamp in unit that was on sheet. Dealer was able to get it from Keystone. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I've had to call Keystone several times to find out how ours was built. With the Vin # they put you on hold and get right back to you with the info. I imagine if you asked them to email you the list they would.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Dealer should have given you a copy of the invoice. Who did you get your 5'er from? We live right across the river from you, on the "Ory-gun" side of things. PM me if you want.

Terry
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
You did not say if you have asked your dealer for a copy of the invoice...I would start first with them (and then do a check to make sure you got what you paid for, as others have pointed out).
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks for all the responses! We did end up asking for the invoice. They came up with a list of packages and options for the trailer, but no pricing. I guess I would call this a build sheet, not an invoice, but I am not sure...

They actually tried to claim they don't have an invoice per se (with prices), this is all they get from Keystone. I do not believe that, they have to have some sort of invoice for each trailer they receive. So, hmmm.

At least it shows the options we did order, so that is what I needed/wanted. Funny how they do things. Like in my other thread someone mentioned they got a free fireplace, we got a "free" entertainment system. They must figure it is easier/cheaper to just grab a unit and add to it, than start from scratch?? I'm sure they just pulled a trailer and added to it for ours. One thing I don't like though is our generator switch/hour meter. It is in the entertainment center a couple of shelves down. You have to open the cabinet, move whatever will be in the way, bend over and use a flashlight to see it! I believe if it is factory ordered with a gen prep the wiring would go to where all the other monitors are wouldn't it? So I think they took a preexisting unit and just added the generator and put the monitor in the easiest location (for them).
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote