Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
Montana_883
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #883
refrigerator

When I'm on gas service for the refrigerator it has a continious clicking sound. I think its the igniter. But it runs fine other than that. Anyone have or had this problem? My wife says that it has been like that for quite some time...I just noticed it.

Montana_883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
First guess would be to trim the nails on the squirrel in the squirrel cage!!

Mine makes several clicks when I first switch on the propane, after that it is silent - I would guess the igniter is "flooey"
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:28 AM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Sometimes there is "air" in the propane lines. The ignitor will continue to try to start until there is propane flowing. If this continues the "check" light will begin to blink on the control panel. (On our "Dometic" at least) Do you have this same type of control panel with the lights "on/off" "auto/gas" and "check"? When I have not used gas for some time, I will sometimes light the burners on the stove top to "get the air out" of the supply lines.

None of this may have anything to do with your 'sounds' but it came to mind.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:43 AM   #4
Montana_883
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #883
Padredw,Your outfit sounds just like mine, the the clicking lasted the entire trip (3 days)There must be something wrong with the senser.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
A couple of questions: Did the "check" light ever begin to blink? Did the refrigerator seem to be cooling even though the 'clicking' was goin on?

That last may be hard to answer. We used to travel with our gas OFF and therefore the refrigerator off, yet we never had any problem with our food and the refirgerator stayed cool (my wife used those frozen packs in freezer and refrigerator.) I think we could still do that, but our present model works so well we have begun us leave gas on and refrig. on as we travel. Turning off only when we need.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:11 PM   #6
Montana_883
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #883
Finally got back to my dealer to get the refer. fixed. Part was $49.00 labor $110.00. They had to replace the circut board. I have the extended warrenty..good thing.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:28 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John and Sharlee, the fridge has a 3 year warranty with the third year covering parts and you cover labor. You might check with Dometic to see if they'll refund the parts cost or whatever your deductible was. We just had our fridge replaced about 3 weeks ago by Dometic at no cost except as noted we're in the third year with parts only coverage. Ours had a crack in the freezer compartment so was not repairable. Our Montana is the same year and model as yours. I emailed Dometic and found them reasonably prompt and very helpful. The email address is TechService@dometicusa.com .
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote