Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Weldon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11213
05 Chev D/A Turbo Hose Comes OFF

We pull with an 05 D/A & the turbo hose has come off a number of times. I put it back on & off we go. The last time it came off about five times after only pulling a short distance each time (less than a mile). I found a local mechanic & he bent the end of the aluminum tube where the hose has been coming off. I hope this works. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank You

Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
This is a common problem. The hoses get wet with oil. The oil soaks in to the rubber and the hoses wont stay on. I have had the same problem on an 2004 Ford. The best fix is to order after market hoses. Try dieselsite.com they might have the hoses you need. I have them in my favorites but I have not used them.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
A good cleaning and reclamping worked for me. Only happened once. Has been about 6 years now. I tow the Monty and an auto transport trailer extensively. Denatured alcohol can be used to help clean it up and retighten securely. Some buy new heavier clamps. www.dieselplace.com has a wealth of information on stuff like this exclusively for the DuraMax, broken down by version/years. Yours is an LLY. Thr site is free.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Each year before we leave for Florida we have our local Ford dealer as part of regular routine maint check ALL the hoses, belts, clamps with particular attention to the turbo hoses and clamps and replace any part that shows any sign of wear. Yes it cost $$$ but it is worth it not to be along side the road trying to repair a worn hose or clamp..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote