Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Montana_5734

M.O.C. #5734
Making a punch list on the new Mountaineer

Havent had the time too really go over the new 5ver so far i found a few things. I found that the slide middle (kitchen) when its fully extended outward does'nt seal on the left side can fit my hand behind the seal leftside only the right is tight to the wall. Before i took delivery i told the seviceman doing the walk through of what i found, he fill the pump with tranny fluid and said that it would work it self out. I asked him if there was any mechanical adjustments he can make underneath he said there wasnt. Well after having the slide in and out several times it hasnt so i went through all the lit they gave me and i found that there is, so i guess i'll be doing that adjustment myself this weekend anyone had similar experience. I'm not upset just got to work out some bugs. Well ive said enough for now hope i havent written to much thanks MikeVstill working on my list it's not bad.

Montana_5734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Sounds like you need a different dealer!!!
And transmission fluid is for transmissions...period. Hydraulic oil is for hydraulics. The chemical makeup of ATF will cause seals to leak.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:45 AM   #3
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Re the dealer, take it back to him for sure!!! That is warranty work, pure and simple. .Not supposed to be that way. Contace Dale (MIMF2) who is the Lippert Rep at Keystone for more info/guidance before you do anything else!

If you look in your Keystone Manual, and the slide Manual from Lippert, you will find that ATF is the proper fluid. That's what the mfg specifies for servicing the hydraulic fluid for the slide.

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
Montana_5734

M.O.C. #5734
thanks so much but right now i'm kinda in a pickle cause they delivered it to my house and i dont have a fifth to bring it back. Waiting on that to be delivered too. I took the extended warranty out so i hope that it can be fixed.
thanks all and i'm sorry i put this in the wrong forum i work midnights and my wife thinks i'm just border line retrded.. I think i am to with no sleep!..lol
Montana_5734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
mike,
if they brought it to you and the problem "has not worked itself out" make them come back and get it. Tell them to fix it and anything else you found that is wrong and get it done. I would not accept this as "service" from any dealership, sounds more like the "I dont care" service.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
Amps
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3430
You should get back to your dealer and ask him to send a repair crew to your location.
In 2004 I bought a 297RKS Mountaineer and had it delivered to my site (2 hour drive) I later noticed a scratch on the main window (miss it on the inspection). This was under warranty. As a reliable dealer they sent a TV to pick up my unit, took it back to their shop and changed the window, and back to my site. NO charge.
They also have a mobile repair crew that goes around different CG just to provide repairs as needed.
If you have a reliable dealer they should provide the type service.
Good luck.
Amps is offline   Reply With Quote