Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2005, 06:10 AM   #1
Montana_4149
Established Member

M.O.C. #4149
3650RK

WE OWN A 2005 3650RK , THE FIRST THING IS THE AIR FROZE SOLID AND MADE THE AIR CONDITIONER NOT WORK AND IT WAS 92 OUTSIDE, THE NEXT THING IS THE WINDOW IN THE FRONT OF THE SLIDE OUT LEAKED SO MUCH IT MIGHT AS WELL OF NOT BEN THERE, THE THIRD THING IS NOW THAT LOVELY REMOTE THERMOSTAT , I SET IT AT 70 WAKE UP IT IS 62 IN MORNING AND STILL THE AC IS RUNNING ( WHAT A GREAT PILE OF JUNK ) 1-2 WEEKS OLD JUST CANT WAIT TILL IT GETS 1-2 YEAR OLD ***** I HAVE A BIG BUSSHEL BASKET TO PUT THE BROKEN PARTS IN *****

Montana_4149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Try running the AC with the fan on high. Freezeups seem to be a trait of the Duo Therm AC units when run on low fan, especially in humid weather. None of us like that but all Duo Therm AC units seem to have this problem, regardless of fifthwheel brand. For the problem with the remote, that's a Dometic problem. There is a very long thread on this forum about that. You might read through that thread. Keystone has read that thread (so they told me when we were back there in May) and they are moving away from that piece of equipment. Doesn't help you now but read the thread. The window leaking should be covered by warranty. Talk to the dealer about fixing that. No matter what brand there will be some problems. Yours seem to be relatively minor compared to some we've heard, Montana as well as other brands. That doesn't make you feel any better, I'm sure, but hopefully you'll get these solved and can go enjoy your Montana.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 05:27 AM   #3
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Agree with Steve on the AC fan. Ours froze up on last trip when we were running it on low. We let it rest a bit, then kicked it up to high and no problem.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:13 AM   #4
cs413
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3354
I also have a 2005 3650. I have only had it out once, but everything worked well. The rear left kitchen cabinet drawer fell apart, but a couple of angle brackets and it was better than new. They use staples in everything now and half of them miss their mark. I open it up all the time at home and had it open in the rain and no leaks -not even around the slides. Since joining this site, I have checked a lot of items that seem to be an issue and a lot of them have been addressed by Keystone and they have made it better. I know it's frustrating with the cost of these trailers, but it's a beautiful trailer. The window sounds like a missing or misaligned seal. That should be an easy remedy for the dealer. But I feel your pain on the a/c stat. Very poor design. If you have a fireplace in yours, try putting the remote on the "I FEEL" mode and put it on the small mantle above the fireplace and face it at the wall unit. This seems to help a lot on mine, but I continue to complain to Dometic.
Try to hang in there. You have a great 5'er.
cs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:39 AM   #5
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
mooter,

When I took delivery of my 2004 I ended up having a major leak at the front slide window. (dining room) After an all night rain I had to have a water removal company come out and remove the water from the carpet. Turns out the window was not installed properly. Once it was this window never leaked again.

Don't give up pursing your issues under your warranty.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote