Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
Fire1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8237
Send a message via AIM to Fire1
Turnover Hitch and Companion 5th Wheel

Just before our last trip to NC woods I tried to install the companion hitch and found a bolt stripped and jammed in its socket which meant I could not mount the 5th wheel. Wow what a fix I was in the trip was in five days and I needed it working right now. I went to the company in Orlando that installed the Turnover Ball and they could do nothing to help as the bolt would not move. They suggested I call B&W Custom Truck Beds, Inc the company that builds the system.
I did late in the day and the lady that answered the phone said they had not had any problems with the bolt but they would send one via FEDEX right away. I received it two days later and darn it I was not happy with the fit of the bolt in the new part and I called and explained to the engineer that took the call he said the loose bolt should be ok but if I was concerned so were they. They over nighted a second part and picked up the entire tab.
The second part arrived the next morning and I assembled the hitch and off we went. Now I have dealt with many companies in my life and not many have gone out of the way to ensure my needs were met and with follow up calls to be sure everything was good to go.

B&W Custom Truck Beds, Inc deserves my thanks and thier customer service is OUTSTANDING. If your looking for a new hitch please look at thier products and in my mind you will not be sorry
Doug

Fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Fire1,

I have had 2 vehicles with the B&W Companion. I love it. Especially, being able to take it out and clear the bed in about 10 minutes. It takes me that long because I am not as agile as I used to be. :-)
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Same here. One cold day I hooked up the RV and the Companion's piston broke off. These guys sent a new one no questions asked about the age of the unit, etc. Great hitch from a great company.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:06 AM   #4
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Not only are they good to customers but when work is slow they send employees into the surrounding area to do community service with their regular pay. We really are satisfied with our B&W hitch.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote