Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
dlittle

M.O.C. #27330
2016 370br

hello all new member just purchased a 2016 370br that's been sitting idle for 3 yrs . what things should I look at since its been sitting ?everything seems to be in good condition and even still smells new inside. what do I need to look at maybe replace ? just put a new battery in and all slides work and lights . not going to move for 2 months just want to know what everyone thinks I need to check after sitting so long ?

dlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:33 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Regardless of how good they may look, new tires are in order for a couple reasons. First, if these are the original tires on the camper, more than likely they are junk tires. Second, if they have been sitting for 3 years, they are probably well on their way to dry rotting. If you are planning on traveling, new tires are a must, regardless of how good the current ones look.

Second, I would recommend getting the wheel bearings repacked, especially if you are planning on traveling.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #3
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
What dutchmensport said plus look it over good for any water intrusion. Either get on the roof or get a ladder and look at every inch of sealant on the seams on the roof and around the vents, AC etc. Any crack, even tiny, or void needs to have new sealant placed. Check around windows, marker lights etc. as well - anything that could let water leak into the ceiling or walls.

A 16 is going on 5 years old. Look at all the rubber seals on the slides; on the top, the bottom and the sides - are they soft and pliable? Any tears or chafing? Rolled up or waffled?

Your tires, bearings and water intrusion would be my biggest worries; I am assuming you have checked the ACs, furnace for operation and tanks for leaks.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:00 PM   #4
dlittle

M.O.C. #27330
checked everything that I could out . all seal rubber feel good . previous owner never used stove or cook top ? both a/c work fine , fridge is good . haven't had a chance to hook up water yet ? anything to look out for with water ? water heater ?
Old 10-18-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
boisesmith
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23951
Checking the water system is obviously critical. Fill the tank and check for leaks; run the pump and check all faucets; check all drains for tightness. Fire up the water heater on propane and electric. Run the furnace and the air conditioner(s). Run the slides in and out and check that they seal properly both when extended and retracted. Extend the awning(s) and check for condition. Check all the lights and outlets. Check for a thread on this site for complete checklists.
boisesmith is offline   Reply With Quote