Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Thanks Keystone

This is our second Montana and we have had good luck with both. Our new 2005 3475 was delivered in January 2005. Our first run was to Florida for two months in mid Feb. The only minor problems we have had are: The electric side of the hot water did not work. As such, I had it fixed and will turn in the bill to our dealer (burned out elements). Some one turned it on without water before we picked it up. The second thing, two of the day/nite drapes came apart and we repaired them. The last thing we have noticed was two hot water connections were loose and driping. Both will be fixed when we get home with hot tub sealer we use around the filters at 104 degrees.. The expansion of the plastic pipes leaked under the tub and and the bathroom when they are warm with the hot water. All I am saying is a little effort when putting these items together, it would be a better RV. We went through the checklist that I downloaded from the MOC web and the dealer worked with me. All of these items above are minor and we thank you for our Montana.
Ken and Velda Taylor
Dahlgren Va (now Wachula FL)
2005 3475 Montana
2000 Ford F350 Diesel

ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
and thank you Ken for posting such a positive post. We've had a bit of vinegar lately and it is refreshing to read your thoughts.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:29 PM   #3
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Use of "hot tub sealer" is NOT recommended. Flair it fittings DO NOT LEAK WHEN PROPERLY INSTALLED. You have a bad fitting or one that was put together wrong at the factory. Have your dealer fix it right....
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 06:08 AM   #4
Montana_3368
Established Member

M.O.C. #3368
We are on our 2nd Montana and trying hard to keep a good attitude as we get through the expected start up problems..just seems ours are bigger and more inconvenient than usual:
Washer drain to black tank, no response from Keystone to our letter
Remote issue, now on replacement that still does not work correctly
1/2 Time oven did not function, now on replacement that has scratched door
Kingsize bed furnished with Queen size comforter, still waiting for King(6weeks)
Standard problems with day nite shades ordered end caps from supplier 2 missing
Shower enclosure loose fit away from wall...rivots came loose

We are doing all the replacement and fixing ourselves, since we are on the road...up side of this is no chance to get bored. I have had plenty to do since getting this new 3670RL....just would like to get it all done and get back to looking for something to do!!
Montana_3368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 08:18 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Butdoit

We are on our 2nd Montana and trying hard to keep a good attitude as we get through the expected start up problems..just seems ours are bigger and more inconvenient than usual:
Kingsize bed furnished with Queen size comforter, still waiting for King(6weeks)

We are doing all the replacement and fixing ourselves, since we are on the road...up side of this is no chance to get bored. I have had plenty to do since getting this new 3670RL....just would like to get it all done and get back to looking for something to do!!
I think your statement "no response from Keystone to our letter" is part of the problem. At the plant tour we were told to call customer service at (574) 535-2100 and not to use Email. When calling you will speak to a human being one on one and more often than not you will get answers.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 03:43 PM   #6
Montana_3368
Established Member

M.O.C. #3368
We did speak and got no satisfaction....They washed their hands of it, saying, it meets code!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Butdoit

I think your statement "no response from Keystone to our letter" is part of the problem. At the plant tour we were told to call customer service at (574) 535-2100 and not to use Email. When calling you will speak to a human being one on one and more often than not you will get answers.
Montana_3368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:35 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Which part did they say meets code? The part about the washer draining to the black tank? That might meet code but is sure a poor design if it's intentional. One advantage is it would hellp keep the black tank cleaner but I sure wouldn't want to have to open and close the black tank valve so I could run the washer. And an overflow, I don't even want to think about that. I've screwed up and we've overflowed the gray tank twice with washer water. No way do I want to deal with a black tank overflow.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:06 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hummm.If black tank going into grey tank meets code then RV code is far different that house code as the city found that my down spouts(grey water) was going into the Sanitary sewer (black tank) and made me disconnect..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote