Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2005, 06:35 AM   #41
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
Quote:
quote: If we have guessed wrong and the majority of our potential customers don’t like what we’ve done, then we may have to regroup.

Jeff
Well Jeff , if you are reading this I would like you to know that I have an appointment to finalize as deal on a 3400 with my local dealer in NH on Thursday (2/10/05). For what it is worth I will be cancelling that appointment due to this corporate decision and looking for another manufacturer. I feel Keystone has made a very bad decision in this matter.

Montana_2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:49 AM   #42
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PittsNhRv

Quote:
quote: If we have guessed wrong and the majority of our potential customers don’t like what we’ve done, then we may have to regroup.

Jeff
Well Jeff , if you are reading this I would like you to know that I have an appointment to finalize as deal on a 3400 with my local dealer in NH on Thursday (2/10/05). For what it is worth I will be cancelling that appointment due to this corporate decision and looking for another manufacturer. I feel Keystone has made a very bad decision in this matter.

PittsNhRV,

I have acquired some accurate information regarding the privacy door issue in the bedrooms.

All Montana Models have available a pleated privacy curtain. However if you order the Garden Tub in your 3400RL then there is no room for a privacy curtain. To have a privacy curtain you must order the Shower Option. In all the other models regardless of whether you have a Garden Tub or a Shower the pleated privacy curtain is available.

I hope this helps you and others in some way to make their choices.
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:02 AM   #43
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Shirley and I took a little auto trip today just to get out and enjoy the relatively nice day. We stopped by our nearest Montana dealer and looked at all the Montanas he had on the lot. He had a pretty good selection and a mixture of 2004s and 2005s. Specifically, he had a 2005 2955RL which is comparable to the 2002 model that we have. There is at least a bit of good news. There is a "privacy cutain", one of those accordian/plastic types that slides (not too well) in a track. This is between the bathroom (vanity, shower, etc.) and the bedroom. Not nearly as nice as the wooden doors we have, but I could possibly live with that arrangement. Not saying that I would, just saying that it is better than nothing. I did not take notes, but saw the exact same arrangement on several of the other 2005 models. Fortunately, our Montana is in great shape and we have no motive for trading at this time. Maybe in the meantime Montana/Keystone will rethink this decision they have made and either go back to the better floor plan or at least offer an option. An option would be the best of all worlds because then those who prefer the "open suite" arrangement could have it without denying the privacy doors to those of us who have that preference.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #44
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We have the privacy curtain and it works very nicely. I would not buy a unit without it or some type of privacy barrier between the bathroom and bed.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #45
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Lady RV, thank you for that information. That does shed a different light on this situation. I guess the real test is sales. If sales continue strong, then Keystone guessed right and those of us who have expressed dismay are in the minority. If sales dip, then maybe Keystone will regroup and bring back the privacy doors.

When we really look at this, how many of us have posted concern? Maybe a dozen of us at most? Of all the members in this forum, that's really a very small percentage. I have to wonder if the others are just silent or if maybe the majority really does prefer the new layouts or at least are ambivalent about it. Time will tell, I guess.

Padre, we had the accordian curtain in our Jayco Eagle 255BH. A little silicone lube spray on the tracks will make those curtains fly.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #46
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
OK, OK, I certainly hear what you are saying but...

We currently have an 03 2955rl and find ourselves looking seriously at an 05 3400 model. In 2 years we have used our doors twice, and yes if we had our choice we would like to have them on a possible 05 model but...the wide open space is so nice to have 99% of the time!!!
Now, as MOC users we need to come up with a modification to solve this problem as we have in so many other situations. Lets put on our thinking caps and come up with our own modification. To change out of my Montanna shorts and put on those of another manufacturer over this issue, I think NOT, but rather will come up with a modification as we have on so many other issues.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #47
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
DarMar, that's a really good attitude, a really good approach, until Keystone changes back to the privacy doors.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #48
paparonsr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #168
My 2001 has the solid wooden doors between bed and bath, and a solid wooden swinging door between the bath and living area. That way the privacy issue is solved either way--Works great, especially when we have overnight guests.
Can't say that I would not buy a Montana because of the new plan, but would definitely look around at other brands. I do love my Montana!
paparonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:42 AM   #49
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Had a long talk with my Montana dealer. He would not accept my report that the doors are not available on the 2005 models. After all that he just sent an email with the following report:

'The 2955-2980-3255-3670-all have sliding doors-bi fold wooden-the3380-3400-3650 have the curtain type enclosure."

I'm almost sure he is wrong about this, especially since I saw the 2005 2955RL yesterday with the "curtain" and without the doors, but......????
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #50
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
David, We stopped at a dealer here in the Valley just yesterday to look at this new development.

Saw a [s]3275[/s] (not sure but think it was a 3475) and a 3295. Both had the curtain type door.

I will repeat what I said earlier, we are sure glad we got a 2004 3295 RK, cause some of the changes to that model do not suit us. After living in and using ours, some of the changes just would not work for us. Yep, we really love our 2004!

Carol

p.s. Lady RV's post about the shower vs the tub making the difference makes a LOT of sense to us, after seeing the units yesterday.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:07 PM   #51
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
We also were disappointed when our '05 2980RL was delivered with the changes to the bed/bath area. But, we (mostly Shari) warmed to the idea of the change in the wardrobe area to get the washer/dry enclosure. We use it to keep our heavier coats in. Ours came with the accordian curtain between the bed area and the bath area. So far (2 months) we haven't even pulled it out, although I can see where it would help to keep the bath area warmer when showering. The other change that no one has mentioned here is that (at least on our model) the toilet closet was shortened to accomodate the wider slide for the king size bed. Again, Shari was disappointed because she had planned on using the extra area there for a hamper, not wanting to use the trap door. But for us the trade off to get the king bed was worth it (need the extra room for those long whippet legs!). As many have said, it's difficult to build floor plans that will please everybody. We love ours, but I can see for the full-timers especially, it would be nice to have better separation between the bed and bath areas, especially if you have guests. We don't, so it's not an issue.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:06 AM   #52
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we had the 2002 3655FL and traded in for the 2004 3685FL. most of the changes we love, but the bathroom isn't one of them. we loved the bathroom set up in the 3655 with the privacy door....and hate the curtain set up and smaller toilet area! combine both units and it would be great!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:31 AM   #53
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by padredw

Had a long talk with my Montana dealer. He would not accept my report that the doors are not available on the 2005 models. After all that he just sent an email with the following report:

'The 2955-2980-3255-3670-all have sliding doors-bi fold wooden-the3380-3400-3650 have the curtain type enclosure."

I'm almost sure he is wrong about this, especially since I saw the 2005 2955RL yesterday with the "curtain" and without the doors, but......????
Key word here is dealer aka salesman

If you look at the floor plans you can see there is not enough room for the doors because of the way the vanity is placed and its size.

I wouldnt doubt your judgement concerning his veracity
Old 02-10-2005, 10:40 AM   #54
Montana_2232

M.O.C. #2232
According to Keystone, Lady RV is correct that a pleated curtain currently separates the bed and bath areas in all the models except the 3400 with a garden tub. For me, I don't personally find the pleated curtain objectionable. But, for those of you who do, is it the lack of a solid wood door to close off or is the pleated curtain too "cheap"? What if they offered a really nice wood folding door?

Just wondering.
Montana_2232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:00 AM   #55
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
A pleated curtain is fine with me. I believe most of us were just looking at the privacy issue and the curtain will take care of that.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #56
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Agreed. I was primarily thinking about blocking out the light when I get up earlier than my Lady.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #57
Montana_2893
Established Member

M.O.C. #2893
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RVGuy

According to Keystone, Lady RV is correct that a pleated curtain currently separates the bed and bath areas in all the models except the 3400 with a garden tub.
Just wondering.
Interesting since according to the Keystone reps I spoke with no privacy curtains,doors et al are available on post Nov 2004 production models. Looks like they are having trouble getting their sales stories straight.

Welcome to the forum RvGuy....just noticed this is your 3rd post.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:20 PM   #58
jayers
Established Member

M.O.C. #2876
PittsNhRv

Here is a picture of a 2005 3400RL made in Dec there is no room for a Privacy Door

John

http://tinypic.com/1p9w10
jayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #59
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
RVGuy, we have the wood sliding doubledoor in our current Montana. This is the door next to the bed, between bedroom and bathroom. We use this as a noise barrier, along with the pocket door between bathrom and downstairs, plus we open the water closet door as an additional barrier. This allows one person to watch tv downstairs with volume at a 'normal' level and not wake the person sleeping in the bed. That's our objection to the sliding curtain as opposed to the thicker wood doors.

We discussed this and decided we could live with the pleated curtain but could not live with having no way to separate bathroom from bedroom. We have teenaged granddaughters. They need/want privacy, as do we, when they are with us. Absolutely our next purchase must have some kind of privacy arrangement to separate the bedroom from the bathroom.

By no means do we think everyone wants or cares about the divider. But we do, and you asked.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #60
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PittsNhRv

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Didn't someone say dropping the doors was a mid-model year change and the early '05 models still have the doors but the newer ones don't? Anyone know for sure?
According to the Keystone rep at the Boston show and 2 subsequent phone calls to Keystone that is and what has happened. There are NO 2005 models NOW IN PRODUCTION that have privacy doors between the bed and bath. Anyone who has a 2005 model with privacy doors between the bed and bath has a 5r that was made prior to this design change in November.
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote