Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2003, 12:55 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Furnace floor vents

Dear Keystone,

Why didn't you install floor vents that can be opened or closed? They collect dust and whatever else mind find it's way through them. This means I have to unscrew the vent covers. (crooked screws again) to vacumn them out.

Also they make a great escape route. In the middle of the night I entered the water closet and found a very large, spider (we're taling 4 in diameter here) hanging out in there and when he realizes I was not willing to let him stay, in a bleary eyed, clumsy sort of way, he/she bolted for the furnace vent and dispeared down the duct work.

Since I have no need for the furnace at this time, if I had been able to close the vents they would have been closed and that spider would have had nowhere to hide.

Now I wait and watch for him/her to appear at the vent of his/her choice. Very creepy. Also placing very large books on the floor near each vent, to quickly cover the vent when he/she does appear does not add much to the decor of my Monatana.

If I purchase more suitable vent covers from my local home store, may I send you the bill for reinbursement? I would be willing to send the spider in a jar, once captured, as proof of my dilema.

Sincerely,

bj

2002 2880RL (Miss Montana) towed by 2001 Dodge diesel 3500 (LadyRam)

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote