Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2012, 04:43 AM   #21
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Good suggestion Bingo, BUT only as a "last" resort. There are three companies involved in this issue that need to step up and identify where and how the problem occurred, and get the recliners replaced.

Keystone put the recliners in the unit at the factory, presumably they were ok then, and the unit was prepared for shipping. The trucking company delivered the unit and may or may not have been responsible for strapping the recliners down, thus causing the problem. Lastly the dealer should have inspected all aspects of the unit when it arrived well before delivery to the customer.

It is my opinion that Keystone should be the ultimate end of the line in dealing with this problem. If they feel it is a dealer or transport issue, then they should be the ones to deal with them, these good folks should not be getting the run around because "no-one" wants to accept responsibility.

It would be a shame to allow those responsible for the problem to be let off the hook by a possible gracious intervention by the manufacturer of the recliners. It surely is not their fault.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #22
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Thanks Bingo for the information! I will put it in my 'arsenal'! All good points Irlpguy. I will approach Flair if I do not receive any satisfaction from Keystone. I would think they would not want their product to be dragged through this so they may help me resolve the issue with Keystone if I can't get it taken care of before then.

Someone emailed me the General Managers information and I am going to create a 'polite' but 'firm' email to him letting him know how I feel about this! I probably won't hear anything until after the holidays though!

Thanks to EVERYONE who has emailed, PMed, or replied to this situation! Just knowing that people understand my frustration helps me get through it!
Merry Christmas everyone!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:52 AM   #23
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
The transporter has no keys for a Montana. The keys for the Montana are in the Rig. The dealership has a Master Key and upon delivery can get in and get the keys out of one of the drawers,any damage that happens is from the factory. The drivers do a delivery checklist as to make sure the paperwork and the trailer vin number matches,check lug nuts,tires and make sure the lights work,hookup and go to the dealer.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #24
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
So if I understand you correctly old turbo then the arms were either crushed by something Keystone did or something the dealership did (unlikely). So it is a good thing that I am working with Keystone. The holidays has put a bit of delay on everything because I think most people are gone. I will pick this issue up after the holiday. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #25
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Just an update. I sent an email to the General Manager of the Keystone Montana line today. I will keep you posted. I am sorry if I have sounded angry through some of my posts. I am just eager to get this issue resolved. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #26
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
GREAT NEWS! The General Manager over the Montana division responded to my email on Wednesday that he would check into it. Today I received a phone call from the customer service rep that I originally dealt with and she stated that they had reopened my case and the GM has decided to send me two NEW recliners to replace the damaged ones! Now that is customer service! I wish it had happened months ago but it all worked out in the end. The new chairs should be here the week we get back from Q Rally. Now let's hope that my dealership doesn't accidentally scratch them putting them into the trailer!

The GM assured me in a return email that he wants to help. I do not feel comfortable posting his email here (to protect his address from spammers out there) but if you are having an issue please email/PM me and I will share his info with you.

A HUGE thanks goes out to everyone on here who helped get this issue resolved! I honestly don't think I could have done it without the MOC group behind me! I really appreciate the emails and PMs with the info of this individuals name and email address and the words of encouragement and support! Thanks again!!! You are the best!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #27
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Now that is the kind of news we all want to hear. I am very pleased that a certain chap stepped up to the plate when asked, and corrected the problem.

Enjoy the new recliners and thank you for the PM. Oh yes, get out of the snow and enjoy Q and the sun and hopefully warmer weather.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #28
michael346LBQ
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13110
The DW and i bought a 2011 Sprinter 29ft travel trailer, it was a unused new unit we bought FEB 2012 we decided to leave our condo and go fulltime for the 2012 summer, before we went full time we took it on a few test trips and we found about 4 to 6 things that needed attention the biggest was a tennis ball size hole about a foot in from the doorway, we took the trailer to ware we purchased it at Burlington rv in Racine WI, top notch Company in my book. It did take about a week to get the repairs done and it was ready for our full time experiance, after 4.months of owning the Sprinter we went to a camping world of Madison RV sale at the local Milwaukee state fair grounds, ware we traded the Sprinter for the 2012 346 LBQ Montanna Mountaineer , now this time its differant because we are full time and we dont have a stick home to go back to, we picked up the new fiver that day it was over 100 degrees the dealership was overwelmd buy all there sales and normal repairs they did at that time of year, we had an apointment for i believe it was 9:00 am while the fella was to take time to show us our new rv and go thru how things worked,
and everything before pickup was supposed to have ben gone thru lets just say it was a cluster xxxx but as the fella would come to show us our rv other customers would need him, so the DW and i would tell him to go and help others while we waited patiently i think we were there over 9 hours. we never had a thurogh walk thru , after a few days at the camp site we started makeing a list of the issues that needed to be fixed and we emailed our findings with follow up phone calls after many delays they finale came to our campground 3hours away to fix a few items none of which was preventing us from useing it, our terms at the sale, was because we were liveing in it they had to come to us to repair the items that should have never gotten past there pre delivery inspection, what they didnt fix when they came to us we told them that we would drop the fiver off by them and they can take all winter to repair all the rest of the items, they agreed and thru in a free winterization, keep in mind we kept very patient but used emails for 99% of everything and we never went in there yelling, dont get me wrong the thought was there, we tried to lead by example and it worked for us and CW in the end.
Well if when we get our fiver in spring and everything they were to fix is done and done correctly lol.

I guess we dont live in a perfect world and the reallity of owning a RV is its not perfect at all, and what works today on your RV might not work next week, this lifestyle can and will be expensive. as i was purchasing my fiver a comment was made to me when another couple that purchased a lower dollar unit right next to mine kept interupting us to ask the persone helping us more ?s he stated he spent allot of time with them and that they didnt spend as much as my wife and i did, here is what i told him very calmly i said everyone has dreams and everyone starts out someware the time you spend with them now is also a future purchase you may have from them a few years later, so i said go and help them again we will wait.I know i started in a tent pop up then changed as years went by so i told him everyone is just as important as the next.

It all boils down to the Quality of the Dealership if they over book they cant service the customer which also efects keystone and every other manufacture, its a viciose circle.
I am new to this site as i see everyone looking for what we all would like, how do we go about it as a group do we put dealers in the forrum that are willing to have there names listed with a comment section so under there advertisement there are collums on one side for complaints the other for satisfied customers at the end of the year they would get a rateing and if there above expectations they get a MOC plaqe. again i am new here and maybe all this exists. sorry to ramble on
michael346LBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #29
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
A great piece of information Michael346LBQ! We did the same thing telling our dealer to help others because when he came to us we we didn't want him distracted. It ended up being the end of the day by the time we got his full attention. I love your idea of putting dealers on this site and letting people know about the type of service they received. I just don't know how much help it would be because, for example, we are in Billings, MT and I do not know how many owners are here and would use that dealer. I would still enter our information if others would fine it helpful.

I would love it if we could use our collective body of over 13,000 members to support our members and let Keystone know that we are here to stay and expect our members to be taken care of. We should have a database of Keystone key people so when we have an issue, we as a member of this forum, know who the best person is to call for that issue. That way if every member calls and states, first and foremost, that they are a member of this group our group will start to carry some even more weight. We should also have a database of the improvements, that we as a group, feel should be in the next years model. We may have this already as I am new member of this group but I haven't seen it. I know we have a topic 'If we could tell Keystone anything'. I think it would be nice to have it by model # and also a general category that no matter what model they had they would like something (i.e. better insulation in basement under bed area). I am the type of person that is fairly vocal with my dealership and the manufacturer but other people are not as comfortable. It would be nice for everyone to have an equal voice! I look at it as every complaint gives the manufacturer and opportunity to improve. They should only have a complaint once and then it is corrected for future owners. We could help ensure that Keystone stays the best manufacturer because they listen to their customers.

Okay...did I mention I used to be in Customer Service....so I will jump off my soapbox now! Welcome to the forum michael346LBQ and thanks for taking the time to write down your suggestions! That is what makes this forum so wonderful!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #30
michael346LBQ
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13110
It's not about us against Keystone or Thor as a whole, they are in the business to make money understood as is the dealership,
is it about the customers staisfaction pre durring and after the sale,

I understand to make these units affordable to most they wont be made of top grade material, then is the saying true you
get what you pay for.

I feel we should start with the dealer's
if a dealer / service center could put there name and address on the site but its not a place for them to sell or advertise there products. but we the people can post under there names our likes and dislikes and maybe just a simple check box (like / dislike) that can be linked to a counter at the end of the year the likes need to exceed the dislikes for them to stay,
but an overall rateing can better help new or current use of there establishment or bring the truth about the bad ones then when we the people are traveling from state to state we know who to go to and who to avoid, then keystone can use our findings to see if they want there products sold at places with overall unsatisfied customers.

The thing with rv's most dont use them everyday from the day of purchase to find all the issues,
so its hard once you find a issue 4 months later to get a quik response let alone repair, we are lucky to have had time to use our rv's without other matters to get in the way, as we put things away in the rv we made a list of all the defects and notified them via email right away. now this year i dont plan on useing the rv until oct so by then the one year manufacures warrenty will be expired im still contemplateing buying a extended warrenty any suggestions ?

I have my questionare from keystone i will send it back to them but not until i have ownd my rv for one year at least.
we are all in the same boat lol oooops rv's
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #31
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by michael346LBQ

It's not about us against Keystone or Thor as a whole, they are in the business to make money understood as is the dealership,
is it about the customers staisfaction pre durring and after the sale,
I wholeheartedly agree. I hope I didn't come across as it would be us vs. them. Not my intent. My intent is that they hear an organized voice with lots of feedback from a variety of experience levels. Then they can truly determine if something is a one shot thing or an overall manufacture level quality issue.

I think your dealership idea is great too.

I am too new on this site to know if any of this is possible but it is nice to dream!

Here is wishing you safe travels in your 346LBQ. We actually looked at that model because of the great bunk system (we have a 6 yr old and a 19yr old) but decided it was too much trailer for us. Enjoy!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #32
michael346LBQ
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13110
You came across just fine im just typing thoughts.
We have 4 kids, well adult kids lol 18 21 26 and 30 and the LBQ was more for the extra room and toilet and the current grand kids 6 7 8 and 10 otherwise i kinda think i may have opted for a class A or C but i think for the next 6 to 10 years the fiver will be great, i think its to much for me to lol maybe i bought it for everyone else. Altho once you get there its hard to beat the room and the ability to just take the truck and site see. The other nice feature is the storage to put the tents so when the big kids bug ya they can have there own space lol.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #33
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
WOW! You do have quite the crew going around in that rig! Sounds perfect for you! We opted for the 3100RL and love it! It is a little small when 19yr old daughter has friends along with son and 2 dogs! BUT that is not that often. We figured dear son could pitch a tent when he gets older and hang with his friends outside!

Have fun camping!