Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2003, 02:35 AM   #1
Montana_340

M.O.C. #340
Poor Quality Control

Yes FLA native, quality controll is bad. We haven't begun using our 2000 305FKS yet (bought it used) and I have spent the last week fixing problems. Yeah, the steel drawer slides are a nice touch but how about bothering yourselves to attatch them to the wall at the rear like they MUST be to function properly. The drawer in the rear storage compartment falls down because of poor tollerances where it sits on the rails. When I put my toolbox in the rear storage, I could see daylight at the front and rear corners so I tied the corners in with aluminum angle. Now they are strong enought to keep my things dry. The window units are of the lowest quality and offer only 25-50% of the window's ventillation potential. The luoverd units on our 92 Dutchmen offered 100% ventillation AND COULD BE LEFT OPEN IN THE RAIN!! Try that with these cheap slider units. Another thing that RV companies don't get: Where is all the power used? At the kitchen counter and bathroom rec(1200W hairdryer). Where is the least used? Bedroom (alarm clock & maybe a 75 watt TV). So of corse they put the kitchen and bath on the same circuit so they can save a second GFCI which can be bought at a hardware store for under $5. Folks have praised Keystone for "listening" and making changes but the truth is the learning curve began in the 40s, not in 1999 so these changes should be included from the start. Montanas sure look nice though.

Montana_340 is offline   Reply With Quote