Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
Montana_3855

M.O.C. #3855
More than a few problems with the Montana 3650 RK

We bought the brand new Montana 3650RK 5th wheel in January, 2004 and have had almost as much time in the repair shop as we have been able to use it. Only some of the problems have included:

Electrical problems, slide outs that did not work, frayed electrical lines next to the propane line in the kitchen, heater did not work, air conditioner did not work, water leaks, major bubbles on the roof and now we receive a certified letter telling us that the lug nuts may be faulty and can come loose and we could loose the wheels while towing.

We have had less than satisfactory response from Keystone with getting these problems resolved. Our trailer is sitting in the repair yard this time since September 9, 2005 and we have not gotten any authorization for these items to be repaired. So far the response has been that they are checking into the situation. The trailer has been taken back repeatedly for the same problems. We have requested that the trailer be replaced but have been told absolutely not.

I am wondering if anyone else is having the same response from Keystone.

Larry and Nancy Sautter
larrythemoneyman@aol.com

Montana_3855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Larry Sautter,
Sorry to hear of your many problems. Everyone of these situations has come up before for discussion. If you haven't already done a "search" for some or all of these things you should do that. You should find a lot of helpful information.

Larry you should expect to have "some" problems. You didn't say how severe any of your problems were so it's hard to know what to tell you.

Electrical problems: Many folks, myself included, have had various electrical situations.
All have been resolved.

Slide Outs: We have had problems with slide outs. We're still working to resolve one last issue. Dealer was swamped during the summer so service was slow. Keystone is authorizing fixes.

Bubbles on roof: Several folks have reported this problem Some have been fixed by dealer and Keystone and some were considered "normal". So far we've not had this problem.

Lug nuts: Apparently this is a "recall" or some version of a recall. Our rig and our owners manual clearly state that one should check the lug nuts on a regular basis. Other than perhaps a bad batch of lug nuts there is nothing unusual about keeping on top of torquing the lug nuts.

Our experience with our dealer has been about average. They are OK but not outstanding.
Keystone has been very responsive to all or most all of our issues. They have NOT always been very quick about things but at least they do finally get things done.

I've gotten bent out of shape a couple of times when trying to get the rig serviced. And a couple of times Keystone seemed to be on vacation. But in the end all has been taken care of.

Good luck and check out the MANY MANY posts on the various issues you have.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Larry,

First, welcome to the forum.

Next, sorry bout your problems, we feel your pain! Yes, we do!

Next, don't confuse the "dealer" with "Keystone". It has been reported here, and is the experience of many, that the "D" and "K" don't always treat us the same.

HamRad's advice is good, use the search feature here and read on! Next go back to the main page and search the Archives down the right side of the page, yellow boxes.

Good luck, we all hope you will get your unit fixed soon and get out there and ENJOY it!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:46 PM   #4
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Welcome to the MOC Larry. This is certainly the place to discuss your Montana problems. In some cases you can save a lot of heartache by fixing the minor problems yourself. I am constantly working on mine but most of it is nickle-dime stuff. A lot of the work I do is preventitive.

But if your not receiving satisfaction from your dealer it is time to call Keystone Customer service. Also if your Montana has been out of commission at the dealers for a long time, Keystone has been known to extend warrantys.

Search the forum to see how others have handled these problems

lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Larry, I agree with the others. Call Keystone and find out what is going on. Others have been told by dealers they're waiting on Keystone just to find out when they called Keystone that the dealer dropped the ball. Not always but most of the time it seems. (574) 535-2100 and ask for customer service.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:28 AM   #6
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Larry, Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the problems. is this your first RV?. We also have a 3650RK, 2004 model, and we have some minor issues but this is not our first Keystone unit. The reason we stay with Keystone is because they have people in charge that can and do help us.

Hang in there. The Montana is a great unit.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:32 AM   #7
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Hi LARRY - My wife and I also have a 3650RK. The dealer had everything under pressure and working for 48 hours prior to us picking up the unit. They also gave us and extended (almost to long) walk through. working every part on the unit.
When we left and to date, no issues have developed. I think a lot of your frustration and problems could have been resolved by decent dealer!!!!!!! Doing what he should do prior to delivery>>>>

It's to bad that your going through this troubled time. The next time you talk to your dealer... stand by him when he calls Keystone, he may be making those phone calls at all. On this forum you will also find phone numbers for Key Montana Keystone folk's who have bent over backwards to keep you happy.

Later John Hogan (aka Hemlockusa)
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote