Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Well THIS is entertaining

We decided to replace the TV with a 32" HD LCD. After reading everything I could find we selected a Sharp Aquos LC-32D44U and bought it through Amazon because I had some reward points to spend.

Of course Amazon doesn't really sell any of this stuff. The actual retailer was a place in New Jersey.

It was shipped DHL, so naturally it arrived a day later that it was supposed to. But the real fun was just beginning.

The outer box was addressed to me, but upon opening it I discovered an invoice addressed to someone else who happened to have the same FIRST name. It was a Sharp TV, but one that sells for $100 less and gets only so-so reviews.

I called them this evening, explained what had happened to someone in their 'Customer Service' department who simply could not follow! He kept insisting that I had received 2 TV's, but I finilly got him to relize that someone else received the one I actually ordered.
Then, he informed me that if I want to return the TV I received, which I didn't order, and costs less than the one I ordered, I will have to pay the shipping cost!

NO WAY am I goin to pay shipping for their boneheaded mistake.

At that point I lost it and asked to speak to a manager. No managers there, call back tomorrow at 9AM East, that's 6AM my time. I will.

If this does not get resolved tomorrow morning I will let you all know who the retailer is so you can avoid them.

I found a great LOCAL deal on a 1000w Sony HDAV275 system. Just under $200, and I got the last one in stock. I set it up to test it and there no comparison to the Quest I'm replacing. And it has an iPod port.

Mrs. Muddypaws is not at all entertained by all this.......

MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
That Sharp Aquos that you ordered sure is sweet. 10,000 to 1 contrast ratio at 1080p. I have had one for a year and we love it. Hope you get this resolved quickly.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
I called again this morning and didn't even have to talk to the manager. The person I talked to was most helpful.

The one they shipped by mistake is on it's way back, and they will expedite the shipment of the correct one back to me, all at no cost to me, as it should be.

We were going to install it next weekend but that can wait.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
I'm glad to hear Amazon is coming through for you. My experiences have been good with them.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
The same thing happen to us except we did not order any tv. They wanted us to send it back at a cost of $300.. No way, after 9mos. it's still here....
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
According to what I have heard, if you receive something in the mail that you did not order, you are under no obligation to return it, nor pay for it. It happened to me back in 1979 when we received a sewing machine from JC Penny. Funny, 'cause neither of us sews. I talked to the legal people and they instructed me to just forget it, that I was under no obligation to return it or pay for it.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #7
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Still being entertained? I'm not anymore.

Here it is, almost a full month from the day I ordered it and it's been one incompetent screwup after another.

They shipped me the wrong TV, I shipped it back and waited a week & followed up with them. They told me it had been received and the correct TV would be shipped within a day and I would receive a shipping notification with a tracking number. I waited another 5 days and still have not seen either a notification or a tracking number.

So I called for the 4'th time this morning and was told that they were still waiting for the return receipt!

Two times I have asked to speak to a supervisor. Both times I've been told that no supervisor is available. I posted a very negative review of the retailer on Amazon and sure enough, within 60 minutes I had a supervisor calling me.

The supervisor 'promised' me that my TV would be shipped today, and it would be sent 2 day expedited. He asked me to call back later in the day and he'd give me the tracking number.

When I called back in the afternoon it has been shipped alright, but not 2 day expedited as he promised. EDIT: It turned out that the supervisor was wrong, it was sent 2 day.

Are we having fun yet? Sheesh!

I've purchased tons of stuff on eBay, Price Watch, Price Grabber etc. I've had problems only two times, both have been through Amazon. Does this make a pattern?
Old 10-04-2008, 05:15 AM   #8
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
It's officialy a global conspiracy!

I finally have all of the stuff I need to install my new TV, a free weekend, a borrowed table saw and we're in a private park in Gilroy, CA parked hundreds of feet from anybody else where I intended to finish the job.

It's raining.

But it's not supposed to rain all day. I set the TV and the Sony Home Theater up on a chair so we could watch a movie last night. It was awesome, even if the movie was not so good. Right now we've got an iPod hooked up to the Sonys DMPort and it sounds great, even with the Quest speakers. I'm probably going to keep them, they sound pretty good with good electronics pushing them. They are certainly more efficient than the Sony speakers.

One thing of note about the Sharp Aquos. It has the slowest channel search I've ever seen. It took about 20 minutes. But that might be because I had it search for both digital and analog signals.

I'm taking pictures every step of the way with the intention of posting them here if I can figure out how.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Have a sharp Aquos in the BR and yup, it is slow in channel search mode.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Ditto on the Aquos search. It has to search ...46, 46.1, 46.2, 46.3, 46.4, 45, 45.1, 45.2, etc, etc...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote