Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
Vizio TV

Has anyone replaced their tv with a Vizio brand? If so what are your feelings good or bad about it. They look pretty good for the price at Costco so I'm curious what the experience has been with them.
Thanks
Bob

49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I have the 32" in ours and love it. Terrific picture and pulled digital channels off the batwing like crazy too.
The only negative I have is sometimes the sound volume adjusts by itself at commercials...but hey - you're camping, right?? Use the remote...LOL

Really, they probably have fixed that issue by now as this is last years model. Great set for the money.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
We bought a 26" Vizio from Costco a year ago. When I bought it, it didn't have as bright a picture as the Sony's & other TV. At the time I got it for having both analog & digital tuners. If you are satisfied with picture - go for it - the price is right.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
We have a 42" at home and it is well worth the money. Good picture and sound quality. Sound is even better with the home theater set up.Check with sears also. we found ours there and they even had a rebate with purchase,that made it cheaper than Sam's Club prices.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:35 AM   #5
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
We bought a Vizio for the stick house and are quite pleased with it.Before we got digital cable, though, we had trouble adjusting the picture clarity. razor sharp picture, now. I have read that the Vizio is supposed to be one of the better sets on the market, FWIW.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
Thanks everyone for the input. The next question is how is the picture on non-hidef. satillite TV and analog?
Bob
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Bob,

VIZIO was actually started by some engineers who used to work for Sony. They branched out on their own and started a company. They first sold exclusively through Sams Clubs and Wal-Marts. They have now expanded into other stores. It is a top quality product. I am not sure they make anything other than digital televisions. If you have satellite you probably already have digital and HD programs should come through in HD.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
We have direct TV but not in high def. the picture is acceptable,I am going to change over to a high def box this year. I have the tv, why not see it like you should.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #9
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Just noticed this thread, and even though it's been sort of inactive, I wanted to chime in about the Vizio. We LOVE ours! My husband was very hard-headed about "getting the best" (which, to him, meant buying a well-known name brand costing nearly twice what the Vizio cost) when we replaced our old set last year. He absolutely would not listen to what I'd heard about Vizio and wouldn't read the positive reviews on it from the major tech reviewers and Consumer Reports. A salesman at a major electronics chain store had convinced him that only a Pioneer or some other high-dollar brand was worth buying. I knew I'd be the one learning all the bells and whistles on whatever we got, and the Vizio was highly rated for ease in use as well as for being a superior product at a reasonable price. I got lucky--after seeing the Vizio in Costco and realizing how much cheaper it was than the other brands he'd looked at, he decided to lower his standards and buy the Vizio. The last laugh is on him--he loves the Vizio, and now he champions it whenever anyone mentions buying a television.

Now, for the rest of the story . . . My husband is tech-challenged. Computers, the internet, digital cameras, VCR's, DVD players, etc., are rocket science in Greek to him. The problem is that he wants all the fancy toys, but he expects me to read the directions and get everything going, and then teach him how to use them, because "You know so much more about all that because you use it at school . . . " Ha, ha. He just doesn't want to deal with the new generation of technology. One time when I was on a trip, he called to ask me how to fix the blinking display on our old TV/VCR, a condition caused by a power outtage. I tried to walk him through the resetting of the equipment, but I knew I was wasting my breath. Imagine my surprise when he called the next day to tell me he'd FIXED the blinking display! When I got home, I looked at the VCR display panel, and sure enough, it wasn't blinking. In fact, it was black. I walked over for a closer look and discovered he'd covered the blinking red lights with black electrical tape. What a guy!

By the way, our Vizio was perfect from the moment we plugged it in--no problems at all. One day we'll replace the ViewSonic (terrible picture and sound) in our Monty with a Vizio. If we were fulltiming now, I'd make the replacement tomorrow, no doubt about it.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote