Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
thermostat

I remember reading last year about the quailty of and the replacement of the factory installed thermostat in most units, mine is a 2955RL, 2003 model year. The thermostat has a wide range between start-up and shut-down, and is especially noticeable in the furnace mode and someone had mentioned a good replacement model that they bought at wal-mart or some place. Could that person, or any other who has replaced their thermostat with one that works decently let me know which model you used. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Here's a link for a Hunter Thermostat installed by fulltimedreamer in his Mountaineer...
http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...m_upgrade.html

Using fulltimerdreamers instructions I also installed the same Hunter in my '04 2955RL and it works great.

I bought the Hunter at Wal*Mart for under 20 bucks.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
I also replaced our's with the one at Wal-Mart, and works great.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:34 PM   #4
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
We also replace the stock thermostat with the hunter.Big difference in temperature swing.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 AM   #5
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
The Hunter thermostat works great, I previously had one on my 2000 Golden Falcon 28RLG, and I also installed one on my 2006 Mountaineer 329RLS, I did install a SPST toggle switch above the thermostat (in the wall) to have the "High Fan" option for the A/C. Now I get a uniform + or -1 degree swing for the heat and A/C. Best 20 bucks you can spend (at Walmart).
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 03:04 AM   #6
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I put in the Hunter last year and it has been great the heat is a + or - 1 Deg and it was so easy to install with the wire diagram that is on the site I also put the Hi Lo switch on it works great and have had no problems. the Batt have been in for the year, have some standing by till I find out how long they will last.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:50 AM   #7
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Yesterday I purchased one of those Hunter thermostats. Today started the install. Our unit is a 2005 3475. Good old remote thermostat in it. The wire to the wall control is like a telephnoe wire with the snap in end to a circuit board. There are four wires, black, yellow, red, and green. There is no way to idenify the function of each wire. Called Dometic told to contact dealer, dealer would not give the info over the phone, wanted me to bring unit in. Called Keystone, refered to Dometic.

Does anyone know what the function of each wire is? The instructions from Hunter only tells you to attach what to what but not color code.

Thanks
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:35 AM   #8
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Dick. we have the same coach. I took mine into the dealer and he ordered me the new replacement thermostat. I took it back when it came in and they installed it for free. The new one works great.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren Va
2005 3475 Montana
2005 2500HD 4x4 GMC Crewcab Duramax/Alison with Edge and Attitude
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rlwhit

Yesterday I purchased one of those Hunter thermostats. Today started the install. Our unit is a 2005 3475. Good old remote thermostat in it. The wire to the wall control is like a telephnoe wire with the snap in end to a circuit board. There are four wires, black, yellow, red, and green. There is no way to idenify the function of each wire. Called Dometic told to contact dealer, dealer would not give the info over the phone, wanted me to bring unit in. Called Keystone, refered to Dometic.

Does anyone know what the function of each wire is? The instructions from Hunter only tells you to attach what to what but not color code.

Thanks
ken is offline   Reply With Quote