Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Sacramento Delta

We are planning our 2010 vacation already (helps pass the time in the rain and wind) and have heard alot about the delta area around Sacramento. Any of you have any places to point us towards for RV parks, things to do etc.

Thanks

sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I used to live in Placerville. The railroad museum in Sacramento is a must see. Old Town Sacramento is right there also. Sutters Fort where John Sutter sent James Marshall 40 miles up Hwy 50 to Coloma where gold was discovered and started the gold rush. A replica of the mill is there at Gold Rush State Park. There ia a KOA in Placerville. Others can tell you of RV parks closer to Sacramento.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
billben1
Established Member

M.O.C. #8989
My wife and I stayed in the Delta area this summer...We stayed at Riverpoint RV in Stocton for two days...We really liked it we had a site that backed right up to the Delta...We then stayed in Redding at JGW RV park for a week and again we really liked the accomodations... We had a site right on the Sacamento River...Very nice and spacious....

billben1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Turtle beach rv resort is where we stayed it was a realy nice park
Old 10-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Sfretts,
A few years ago our daughter lived near the Delta area. We dragged the Monty up to a place called the Sugar Barge (I think) on Bethel Island. It is very near the town of Pittsburg, CA. The park is located right on one of the main arms of the Delta. Nice park.

There is also a state park back toward the Valley but I don't remember the name. We did not stay in the park we just did a drive thru. It was a very nice park. The sites were all very large and I think the Monty would fit in just about any of the sites. The sites also had a lot of space between. Of course no hookups. At least I don't remember any.

You could spend a lot of time in the Delta area. Lot of history and just a lot of little towns to investigate. The water way seems to go forever.

The roads are narrow and you have to pay a lot of attention to driving. Of course way too many people for my taste. But a great experience and some day we'll probably spend some more time in that area.

Enjoy.
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
profcoyle

M.O.C. #9882
billben1 said, "We then stayed in Redding at JGW RV park for a week and again we really liked the accomodations... We had a site right on the Sacamento River...Very nice and spacious...."

In late September of this year my brother and I and our wives spent a few days at the above referenced park. Yes, the accommodations were very nice but when checkout time arrived on Monday one of their employees angrily accused my brother's small dog of tearing up two sections of their lawn and told us that neither of us would ever be allowed back at JGW. He was not open to discussion concerning the fact that other areas of the lawns were also torn up; looked like they had wild pigs in the neighborhood. Needless to say we have no interest in ever returning to JGW. Furthermore, if I ever notice anything out of place when I arrive at an RVP I will photograph it and also immediately notify the management before unhitching. I sent a registered letter with pictures to the owners and requested that they clear the matter up. After getting no response I called and spoke to Joan, one of the owners, who told me that they knew that my brother's dog did not tear up the lawn but refused to tell me what did or to send me and my brother letters of apology or to reimburse us for our foul treatment. This has been the worst experience in over twenty five years of rv'ing, all over the country and in every imaginable park rating (0-10+).
profcoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
The JGW RV park is a very nice park. It is nowhere near the Delta but it is right on the Sacramento River.

Profcoyle,
I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you had at the park. Maybe a gopher was responsible for the damage. Practically any animal could cause damage so unless they actually saw your dog doing the damage in question they have no way of knowing. You gave them every opportunity to "make it good" and they seem to have no interest in it.

But don't let this one incident change the way you RV. They are not worth it. Don't give them the satisfaction of having put one over on you. Just share like you've done and move on to the next great RVing experience.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
As for what to do in the Delta, you can fish or boat. There are paddle boat trips you can take.

my favorite howeve is WINE TASTE! There are lots of good wineries in and around the delta. One of my favorites is Bogle located outside the town of Clarksburg.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote