Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
Bill and Jan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12932
Dyle TV

I'm not sure I have this in the right place. We're no geeks but I've seen an ad on TV about Dyle TV saying you buy this box and you can get TV shows on your TV. Is this something that could be used in an area where you do not get good reception with your antenna.

Bill and Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
It sounds like an "free to air" system which you can get with your crank up antenna.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I'll bet it's either an antenna (which if it's in a box, can't be very good) or a digital signal converter for older TV's. Either way, I wouldn't waste my money.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
OK, here's more info.... but I'll still pass.

FAQ: What you need to know about Dyle TV
General

Q: What is Dyle® mobile TV?
A: Dyle is a technology that enables local and national TV programming to be received directly to mobile devices, allowing consumers to experience live (not streaming) local and national television including news, sports, and entertainment programming when they are on--#128;the--#128;go. Dyle does this by utilizing a new over--#128;the--#128;air broadcast technology that uses airwaves specifically reserved for TV, which are separate from Wi--#128;Fi and 3G/4G cellular signals. As a result, consumers can watch live TV on their mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets) and there#128;#153;s no impact to their wireless data plan.

Q: When you say live television, how is this accomplished?
A: Dyle lets consumers view LIVE TV programming on their mobile devices without requiring an Internet connection or WiFi access. Dyle mobile TV content does not travel across wireless networks. Instead it uses the ATSC M/H, the mobile standard for broadcast television in the United States.

Q: So this is not streaming video?
A: No, streaming video requires an Internet connection or WiFi access. Dyle uses the broadcast network to deliver live, local television to mobile devices.

Coverage

Q: Can Dyle be used everywhere in the US?
A: Dyle delivers live, local and national television to 38 markets (120 television stations), reaching over 57 percent of the US population. Additional markets and stations will be added in the future. For coverage, see http://www.dyle.tv/coverage-map/

Q: Where can consumers use Dyle mobile TV?
A: Mobile TV broadcasts can be used anywhere that the TV signal can reach, including moving vehicles. This means customers can watch while on the bus or a carpool, catching up with news over their lunch hour at a coffee shop, outside a dressing room while waiting for a loved one to finish trying on an outfit or hanging out in a park with friends. While it wont work underground on the subway, it will work on a subway or train when they come above ground.

Programming

Q. What programming is available on Dyle mobile TV in my market?
A: Dyle viewers in each market will have access to between one and six channels with a range of local and national news, sports, and entertainment programming. Participating broadcasters, which vary by market, include ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Qubo, Telemundo, and Univision. For programming line in your area, see http://www.dyle.tv/coverage-map/.

Audiovox MobileTV Receiver

Q: Whats so special about the Audiovox mobiletv receiver?
A: This new receiver can be used on newer Apple iPhones and iPads with the lightning adaptors. The receiver can also be used with leading Android devices. Finally, this product is not tethered/directly connected to the receiver. It works wirelessly up to 20, allowing for optimal tuning.

Q: Which devices does the Audiovox mobiletv accessory work with?
A: The wireless accessory is compatible with both iOS and Android devices. This includes iPad2, New iPad, iPad mini or newer; iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 or newer, iOS 5.1X or newer; advanced Android devices with OS 4.03 or newer, including Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/Note/Note2, Nexus 7, Asus TF300, HTC One, and HTC Sense.

Q: Where can I buy the Audiovox mobiletv receiver?
A: The product is available through online, national, and local retailers.

For a full list of retailers, go to http://dyle.tv/devices/audiovox-mobiletv-receiver/ For more information about Dyle and the new Audiovox mobiletv receiver device, visit www.dyle.tv/livemobiletv
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
It is just a receiver, like inside your television, that collects whatever digital OTA signals it can receive, and then wirelessly transmits the signal to a smart phone or tablet so you can watch TV on those devices.

If you have a TV, you already have a receiver, and can watch the same programs.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Don't think I'll be going that way. Even if it actually works, it won't work most of the "out in the boonies" places we stay.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote