Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #21
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
That's a pretty hefty tank 90 lbs full. Watch your back. You're still going to suck down the LPG just as fast, so the fuel cost will be the same, each bill will be larger though. Have you considered solar? Could be longer term option for you.
We have the trailer pre-wired for solar and within a few weeks will have the panels up on the roof. With the use of the bigger tanks is because we will bone done on the Gold Coast in the winter time so the days are shorter and the night will be cooler so I know that I will be running heaters (water & air) so I didn't want to have to carry extra lpg bottles or go bigger tanks just to last longer.

Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:50 AM   #22
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
I'm so glad that mine came with an Onan Microquiet gas generator. Have a 3 1/2 gallon marine tank bungee corded to frame, 6 gallon marine tank that will sit on the ground, and 6 gallon portable refill can. Both 6 gallon tanks ride in bed of pickup. Can run generator for hours without worrying about propane.

I can easily handle 6 gallon gas can or (not so easily) 30 pound propane tank. Anything larger beyond my aging body.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote