Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
Bnrc73
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21597
Following the Sun

Heading for our second year of being a winter Texan. Looking for overnight suggestions for Kansas City, Oklahoma City, and Waco Texas. Looking at KOA's but I want to stay on I-35. Looks like Oklahoma's KOA's are quite a bit east and west of 35.

Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:44 AM   #2
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
OKC East is a nice one. We have stayed there twice. Far enough a way you do not get road noise.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21053
We just came down I35 to Texas. Stayed at Kansas City East KOA, Air Capital RV in Wichita, Oklahoma City East KOA and are now at North Texas Yogi Bear in Burleson (just south of Fort Worth on 35W). All were easy in and out with a big rig.
Both KOAs were 13 to 15 miles out of the city but traffic wasn't bad. Both had construction at the freeway entrance/exit but was not an issue.

Air Capital is right off the freeway and in Wichita city. Several restaurants in walking distance. It is a RV parking lot more than a campground.

Yogi Bear is both a campground for bringing kids that has pull throughs and they have an 82 site parking lot for RVs (all back in on concrete with patios).
Jacksonville, FL
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
My favorite RV campground in Waco is the Airport COE Park on Lake Waco. It is just a bit off I-35, but every bit worth it in my opinion. Of course, I get half price with my "Golden Age Passport" but even at full price I think it is the best place to "camp" in Waco. Yes, it is near the airport but we have never noticed any noise from that source.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
Bnrc73
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21597
Kind of decided on Capital city KOA in Topeka KS, Abes RV Park in Oklahoma city, and I-35 RV Park in El Mott TX. All right off of 35. Grounds looked good on Google Earth. Abes doesn't have many drive through, but they told me they would try to accommodate us. Thanks for the tips.
Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote