Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Texas Wildflowers

For those of you that came to the rally in March and missed the beautiful Texas Bluebonnets in full bloom, here is a link to what we saw yesterday on the Willow City loop.

Not only did we see the peak season of wildflowers but when we returned to Fredericksburg and stopped at the visitors center, who should be there but our rally masters Tim and Susan. What a great day. http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/v...20Bluebonnets/

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Great Pictures, we only saw a few in bloom while we were there and traveling home. The desert around Deming was beautiful when we went through there. Thanks for sharing your pictures with all of us.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Helen, as always I enjoy your travel blog and your photos, but I especially enjoyed these because we were just a day or two ahead of you. It is really unfortunate that the Rally in Kerrville was a bit too early for the outstanding display of Bluebonnets and other wildflowers that we had this year. For those not familiar with the region, there have been very few wildflowers for the past several years because of prolonged drought. This year the Winter rains brought forth an abundance of flowers. I don't think we have ever seen a better year. It is impossible to capture with photos the vast acres, but we keep trying.

I will presume upon our very good friendship with Bill and Helen, to "piggy-back" on her post here to share some of our photos. In addition to the wildflowers, our trip to Fredericksburg allowed us to have a delightful lunch with Bill and Helen in Boerne.

So presuming upon that friendship here is our web page:

http://dw4u.net/bluebonnets/BB.html

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
I had to laugh when we say "bluebonnets" when we were at the spring rally because in California we call them Lupin.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Thanks for posting the photos. Made me more homesick than ever, but I was so glad to see them!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:44 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thanks Padre. I was hoping you would add yours. They are so beautiful.

Don, I think these are a little different than the Lupine but it doesn't matter because they are both awesome.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
In California we have two kind of lupine and one looks just like the Texas bluebonnets. Somewhere we picked up a packed of bluebonnet seeds and it says they are Lupines texacans or somesuch thing.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #8
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I think we are all right. Lupine refers to the genus. Therefore, all Bluebonnets are lupines, but not all lupines are Bluebonnets.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Helen, as you already know we also saw some great bluebonnet and Indian Paintbrush but not on the Willow City Loop. We did the loop too early. But, after the rally, when headed up towards Marble Falls to visit our friends from my high school days, they suggested a route chock full of bluebonnets. First time we've been in Texas at the right time. I really enjoyed your pictures and Padre's, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote