Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Yazoo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4650
Need a new set of stairs

Was winding my way through a very tight campground today trying not to hit any trees and ran into a big rock that bent up my stairs pretty bad. I guess you can't avoid everything. I know the stairs are made by Hickory Springs. Camping World sells 2 different stairs that seems to fit. Anyone know which one I need?

Yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
How many steps are your bent ones?
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
My front and back steps are different in that the rear ones fold up higher to the frame. They don't hang down as low as the front ones do when stored. I guess so if we drag the tail of the trailer we don't do the same thing you did. Both are three step units but the front one has three little bit taller steps and the first one is only 6 inches off the ground when folded down. The rear one is 8-10" for the first step, making it difficult to enter the rear of the trailer. You may want to measure how far down it needs to reach and order the one that makes the most sense for your own personal preference. I know we rarely ever use the rear door because the distance from the ground to the first step is too high.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
Yazoo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4650
I bent them all, with all that weight behind the rig and doing 3 mph it onlyyy took a 1/2 second to bend them up. I called CW technical folks and they helped me out, new ones are on their way. a valuable lesson in staying away from tight RV parks and having someone walk along outside looking for obsticals.
Yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote