Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2021, 08:44 PM   #21
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
And if the salesman insists the HC comes with Sailuns be sure to get in writing. I haven't seen a HC yet with Sailuns.
Carl would be right. I've not seen a HC with Sailuns as OE. Mine came that way but I had them changed to Sailuns before I picked it up. Yours very well may come with Raniers...have them upgrade to Sailuns as I did IMO.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:07 AM   #22
JimIrish7
Established Member

M.O.C. #26805
Sending Dealer E-mail

Thank you -
Will send the dealer a email this morning. Asking about the tires. And at the same time the PDI checklist.
JimIrish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:44 AM   #23
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Happy Happy... I would stay at least 2 or 3 nights.. Go thru every system there is.. Look for Leaks, electric and gas issues. Tvs, fridge on AC and DC... Look at tires for uneven wear.Be sure slide out go in and out with "NO BINDING" or popping noises.. The Dealer will give you a great walk thru... Have great times...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:10 PM   #24
DaveW

M.O.C. #25834
Practive before you go

If you are new to a fifth wheel, practice hooking up, then roll 5 feet. Do an unhook and level exercise with you pushing the buttons. If there is an issue, do it again. They will want to get you off the lot. Too bad for them. And then try to stay close (<30 miles) in case anything goes wrong at a park (which will be the first time hooking up your rig to power/water/waste.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:21 PM   #25
JimIrish7
Established Member

M.O.C. #26805
Talked to dealer via email today-

He indicated now, that the new tires are not Salian’s. Good to know a week out of our pick up date of the 5th wheel, even though he assured me last month that they where Saliuns.

I Sent an email back to him since he was out of the office today, that I will need to swap out for Saliuns. Let’s look at the difference in price.

Thank you for all the responses.

Jim
JimIrish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:22 PM   #26
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIrish7 View Post
He indicated now, that the new tires are not Salian’s. Good to know a week out of our pick up date of the 5th wheel, even though he assured me last month that they where Saliuns.

I Sent an email back to him since he was out of the office today, that I will need to swap out for Saliuns. Let’s look at the difference in price.

Thank you for all the responses.

Jim
Good move!
Bob and Jeannette is offline   Reply With Quote