Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2018, 06:13 PM   #21
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothe23 View Post
What do u place between the tires and cement I didn't know that would a piece of 2x10 be good
I bought some of those cheap, flexible, plastic cutting boards. They work great and take up no space.

Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #22
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothe23 View Post
What do u place between the tires and cement I didn't know that would a piece of 2x10 be good
2X10 will work just fine.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #23
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I store mine in most of the time but if i'm doing a little project then I will leave them out till it's done. My rv is stored in a large metal building so it really doesn't matter on my part. These units are designed for full time use so it probably doesn't matter that much except as has been mentioned there is some situations where it might be better to be in. If you have a complete roof over rv and slides then being out may be more convenient for you. No really wrong answer here.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #24
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Since we store the Monte in a large metal building when not in use, we put the slides out and also plug it in. The only thing we don't have is a sewer dump in the building and we can run water to the Monte if needed also. We stored out previous Monte outside with out a cover and we stored it with the slides in unless we wanted to work on it inside then we just opened the slides, did what was needed for repairs or whatever and then closed the slides back in again.
What I use between the tires of the Monte and the concrete floor are the stepping stones that are made out of recycled rubber that I purchase at the local big name hardware store. They put a barrier between the tires and concrete and there is no bleeding of the oils in the tires going into the concrete this way.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #25
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Although I have an RV port that it sits under during no use periods, I keep the slides in. The tin roof and sides will not protect from UV, so I see no reason to add more real-estate to exposure as UV deterioration happens soon enough. I had some 1/4" rubber mat that I cut in pieces to put under the tires.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote